Animal Health - General Expert Forum
my dog right side face is swollen

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

my dog right side face is swollen

i just check on my dog and her right side back face to her almost to her eye is swollen . i try to to look at it and she will not let me touch it . she still drinking water . i was try to put ice on it to see if that will help the swollen go down she was find last night when we took to the bathroom . could she got something when she went outside . like a bee or something esel . should i give her somehting for the swollen she not in pain at all she still eating but it hard for her  .thanks
Type of Animal
:  
black lab boader collier
Age of Animal
:  
1/12
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
black lab
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 22, 2008
If you are located in a warm climate she could have been stung by a bee, spider or other insect.  Other causes of mouth swelling include an abscess of a tooth root, other teeth problems, and allergic reactions.

You could give her the anti-histamine Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) at a dose of one mg per pound of body weight, every four to six hours.  If the swelling does not go away or at least get better soon, please seek veterinary attention.