Animal Health - General Expert Forum
my dogs got a lump

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

my dogs got a lump
my dog is pregnant and is due to have her pups on the 20th january 2010 and i have just found a lump by her nipple that wasnt there 6 hours ago im worried as i thought it could be a pups head sticking out of her but after further inspection i have discoverd its a lump and it is near her nipple please can any one tell me what it could be and what to do as i cant get to the vets as i am snowed in any advice on what to do i would appreciate it please send any replys to my message box or  my email address which is shred_sake[at]yahoo dot co dot uk also i have wrote the signs to my email incase i cant post my email on here but i would prefer all replies to there many thanks
richard
Richard: a lump by her nipple does not concern me much.  Swelling of the breast tissue before giving birth may be the cause.  Pretty sure it is not a puppy in that location.  At 2 years I would not worry much about breast cancer either.  A veterinarian would have to see the spot to be sure.  continue to watch her carefully and I hope her delivery is without problems.  
yea im sure its not a puppy im keeping a good eye on her she does not seem off or botherd she seems well in herself  and she dont seem to be in discumfort