Animal Health - General Expert Forum
plastic

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

plastic
why does my cat lick plastic and just about everything?
Many cats lick excessively as a compulsive disorder and we feel it is because they were weaned off of their mother's milk too soon. The suckling and licking that a cat does releases "feel good" hormones called endorphins and essentially calm the cat down. It is like a young child sucking their thumb when they're upset.
Thank you for helping me with the questions I sent you.  very helpful.   thanks.
my cat not only licks but actually consumes plastic and paper (bathroom tissue, napkins, etc.) I worry about this being harmful to her in the long run. She is 4 yrs old and has always done this but it has become worse. I give her plenty of food all day long. She weights about 12 lbs. Will this harm her and how can I change this behavior?
I'm sure it probably is harmful.  I would ask a vet. right away!