Animal Health - General Expert Forum
pyometra recovery

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

pyometra recovery
My dog had surgery last week for pyometra, she came and was eating and drinking. 3 days after she came home she topped eating. She wasn't wating eating alot either. She has trouble walking and and is very tired. I took her to her vet today and he said that she is just very weak and presrcibed her a diffrent pain medication Rimadyl. She was taking zubrin. How can I get her to eat !! She wont eat at all. I've tried everything, and i am very concerned that she wont eat and make her self more weak. I give her nutrical supplement when she has not eatin but i want her to eat food... Im very concerned and worried. any suggestions??? Any will help.....
Your vet can prescribe one of the appetite stimulant medications, such as Periactin or Mirtazapine and/or an anti-nausea medication such as Cerenia.  Daily or every other day sub cutaneous fluid therapy with injectable famotidine may also help.  Please make sure that she is drinking adequately by placing down bowls of low salt chicken or other broth and Pedialyte in addition to her water bowl.  Pyometra is a very serious disease that can take a lot out of a patient.  
Thank you for your good news. I am sure this will be very helpful.I will try this. She has vomited today and pooped twice so i am happy she did that.  But i think she vommited this yellow bile looking stuff from the new medication i gave her. So i will try this thank you. Very very very much. I love her so much it hurts me to see her this way. I will keep you up dated.
Good news she is strating to nibble food. I put pedialite in water with broth she did not like it. But she passed stool today which was good. I gave her baby food last night. she didn't want it but i gave it to her, i needed something for my pup to eat. I think I am gnna take her completly of pain meds i think that is what up set her tummy. I love my dog and can't be without her.
Ok now my dog that had the sugery has become very aggressive with my other female  dog!!!  They are fighting all the time and I've had to break them up and it's causing them to hurt each other. They have grown up together and now they are fighting. They have never really fought before now and I don't know what to do!! Someone PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!
I forgot to mention my other female dog is female and not spayed. Could that be and contributing factor. Very worried they are sister and grew up together