Animal Health - General Expert Forum
shih tzu vaginal problem. ??

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

shih tzu vaginal problem. ??
I have a 13 yr old shih tzu never been sick, good health. I noticed she kept cleaning her self so I looked to see what was going on and it looks like she has something coming out of her vagina. It looks like a pinkish bubble. I dont know what it is. Can you please help.
If your dog is not spayed it could be pyometra (infection of the uterus).  If she was spayed it could be uterine stump pyometra, or it could be a urinary tract infection, or a vaginal infection.

Please take her to the vet ASAP since pyometra's can be dangerous.   Urinary tract infections and vaginal infections are nothing to sneeze about either since they can lead to more serious problems and can be painful.