Animal Health - General Expert Forum
shoulder dislocated
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

shoulder dislocated

I had my pup on a 75 foot dog run at a friends house. when i woke up the next mourning he was limping around.over the next few days he started using his leg more and limping less.then one day he was playing and yelped,then started limping and not putting any weight on that leg again. i gave it a couple of days and the cycle started over again,each time they lasted a little longer.i thought he just needed some time to let it heal but it has been almost a week and he still wont use it but he is in no pain,i can move the leg around for him. but today i noticed what looks like the back of his shoulder bone sticking out all the way down the back of his shoulder. is this just a dislocation or something more serious?
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
6 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
boxer
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
February 19, 2009
City
:  
mcalister
State/Province
:  
ok
Country
:  
us