Animal Health - General Expert Forum
sick puppy
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sick puppy

I just got a american eskimo puppy he is 12 weeks I believe. When we took him home he jumped right at the food and ate a lot. It almost seemed like he hadn't been fed in days. I had to take the food away from him because his stomach looked to be swollen and hard. Ever since then he hasn't been able to really poop, but I can tell he needs to because he is walking funny. When he does go to poop it is runny and not solid. What should I do?
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
He may just have intestinal parasites.  Tapeworm, giardia, coccidia and others may be difficult to find on standard fecal tests.  I would take your puppy to the vet ASAP and have him dewormed empirically.  Please also have a fecal or stool check.  Most worms and protozoa are NOT eliminated with only one or two de-wormings, and different parasites require different anti-parasite medications.  

2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your help. We actually figured out it was the soft food we were giving him. He's much better now.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979