Animal Health - General Expert Forum
snake bitten

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

snake bitten
My snake was attack while being fed over night.Ther are several laserations fairly deep,its been about two weeks since, the wounds are healing but the mouth seems to be full of what looks like a scab,the tounge still seems to come out but maybe just for now,is death eminent,and if not what should i do?
There are good antibiotics for snakes, just as there are for other species.  Is there an exotic vet in your area that examine your son's snake and prescribe antibiotics if not too late?  
MY SON HAD A BOA THAT THE RAT ATE ON HIM, HE WAS VERY SICK. SO MY SON PUT HIM IN THE FREZER WHICH SLOWEY PUT HIM TO SLEEP WHERE HE DIED. I HATE SNAKES BUT WAS SAD ABOUT THAT. CANT SAY YOUR SNAKE WILL DIE BUT I WISH YOU THE BEST.
That's one of the problems with using live prey as food. You said it's been 2 weeks since the attack. Is your snake able to eat at all now with the scab in/on the mouth area? I've only dealt with snakes that have been cat caught or cut up by a weed whacker. Still, I've kept the wounds clean and used meds. If your snake's mouth still looks bad, a trip to the vet is needed. It's not necessary to let the snake suffer or slowly starve to death.

As for the freezer, it's not considered a humane way to euthanize. Again, your vet would have the means to euthanize if necessary.