Animal Health - General Expert Forum
soft lump behind my cats ear

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

soft lump behind my cats ear
i have a persian semi punch face  cat. its about 8-9 months old. im a little worried because it has a soft lump behind his ear. what do you suggest it is. should i be worried?
If your cat is eating and drinking normally, urinating and defecting normally and is acting normally it may be nothing to worry about.

It could be due to an insect bite, an ear infection, or a cyst or other dermal lesion.  Does your cat scratch his ears or the lesion?  Ear infections can cause a cat to scratch their ears and cause dermal lesions.

If you are really worried about your cat, a visit to your vet may be a good idea.  Your vet can look into your cats ear or take a needle biopsy of the lesion for analysis.