Animal Health - General Expert Forum
stinky bowel

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

stinky bowel
his breath, farts, and bowel movements have an extremely bad smell for about the last year now.
I recommend veterinary examination, recheck labwork and fecal examination for parasites. If he is on adequate thyroid supplementation, then he should not be 25# overweight, so a 4-6 hour post pill thyroid level should be checked to make sure it is in the high normal range after a pill. If all the labwork is normal, then I suggest trying a hypoallergenic diet for possible food allergy--I have the best success with Royal Canin rabbit/potato. For his bad breath, he may need a dental cleaning +/- extractions of any infected teeth and then daily tooth brushing after the dental cleaning.