Animal Health - General Expert Forum
strange behavior
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

strange behavior

I have 2 cats. One is about 4 years old, male ,fixed. The other is a female, about 1 1/2 years old, spayed.  Both cats have been getting along well, the older cat got along well with kitten when brought her home over a year ago. Both cats play well together, sleep together, and have had no problems in the past. 4 days ago, my oldest cat, male, came in from outside and the younger female started yowling and growling at him, then chased after him and attacked him.
We originally thought he got into some strange scent, and it would go away and things would be o.k.  The  problem is still going on, and we don't know what to do.  The older male has been real squeamish and scared to come in the house, because he is going to be attacked. He won't attack the female, i guess because he knows she belongs here
and doesn't understand what is going on.
Type of Animal
:  
cat
Age of Animal
:  
1 1/2 yrs.
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
longhair
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
August 17, 2008