Animal Health - General Expert Forum
throwing up

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

throwing up
I thought my dog had worms so we got her some worm medicine. She started throwing up shortly after. She threw up 3 times yesterday and has started it again today. I am suppose to give her 2 more doses of the medicine but am afraid too. Is it the medicine or could she be sick from something else. And what can I do for her. Thank you.
Worms can cause a dog to vomit.  However because she is vomiting after you gave the med, I think I would hold off right now.  

We treat worms IF we diagnose worms.  That is done with a lab test.  I do not like to treat any animal based on a guess.  

Your dog may very well have worms, but we need to know WHICH kinds of parasites and then give the med that kills those worms.  

Further, your dog may not have worms at all.  Could be a GI condition that is now progressed to vomiting etc.  In a GD puppy I would not take a chance.  Both the GD and the German Shep are known for serious GI problems.   I think an exam by your veterinarian is necessary and soon.  

After you do this, check back here and let us know what you found.