whats wrong with my kitty??
my cat was at a friends house after giving birth to 4 kittens while she nursed them. i visited often, and towards the end, i noticed that she was getting thinner and acting funny so i was pleased to bring her home last night. i think they might have been starving her, but it could be from losing nutrients to nursing kittens. today, her tummy is really hard and it looks like its hurting her because she is having trouble lying down and sitting right. i noticed that she is trembling, as if she was cold, and acting weird.

is she okay?
what is with the trembling?
could it be that she is traumatized from the move and leaving the kittens?
will her hard tummy go away? is that normal after nursing?
none of these symptoms are normal and I would seek a veterinarian's advice (other then mine) immediately. I would be concerned that there is a uterine infection or even a mummified fetus still within the birthing canal. This could end up being a simple virus or bacterial infection and the birthing recently could be a coincidence however it sounds like she is quite ill and no matter what it is she needs to be assessed today.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.