Animal Health - General Expert Forum
why does my dog have a rash on her belly and under arms
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

why does my dog have a rash on her belly and under arms

Bella is usually full of energy and now has developed a rash on her belly, under her arms and acts like a different dog. she is just lying around and will hardly eat or drink.
Type of Animal
:  
puppy
Age of Animal
:  
9mo
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
chiuawa
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
August 25, 2009
Related Discussions
931674_tn?1283485296
The most common cause for a skin rash in dogs is a bacterial skin infection; demodex mites or ringworm (fungal) skin infection are also possible causes. On the belly and armpits, areas with very thin skin and hair, a contact reaction to chemicals on the floor, carpet or bedding is also a possibility. However none of these issues will cause lethargy, or decreased eating/drinking--in a puppy these symptoms can be caused by a viral infection such as parvovirus, or by an intestinal obstruction, and serious dehydration occurs rapidly in such a small animal. I recommend taking your puppy to a veterinarian today for exam and treatment.
Good luck,
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker