CATS R MY PASSION!
hi....glad to be part of the group here, I''m just another crazy cat Lady.....but LOVE all animals and enjoy reading everyones stories!!
Hi, Opus88.  I know you love your kitties.  Glad you found this group.
Do your kitties respond in ways that show no doubt that they understand a certain amount of English?

I could see that it was clearly kitty dinner time.  So, I asked the cat:  "Dinner?"  I wasn't in the kitchen, and I wasn't doing anything that indicated that I was going to give her her kitty food.  I knew she understood that word, but the way she responded, her vocalization was just so precious.  I sure wish I had a way to record that sound.  It was a special combination of purr and meow that showed she understood the question and was really happy that I had asked her.  You should've seen the expression on her face.  It was clearly an expression of delight!  It was just a really special sound, and it wasn't that irritating nagging sound they make when you aren't getting their kitty food fast enough to suit them.

I am going to post a new picture of my kitty, too.  I found an awesome online image editing program that one doesn't even have to download.  And, you get to download the finished picture onto your hard drive.  Way cool, huh?
aww that is so cute, its such a special moment when we have that true connection isn't it...and yes its almost like they too delight in the fact that ah finaly I got thru to her!!

Of course I believe my boys understand my every word and I theirs...but the special words for us are 'wheres your toys'?...and my Sami's eyes just sparkle and he leads me to it sometimes he'll even go and get it(pipe cleaners crazy abt them)...no he won't play fetch, just brings to me and drops on my chest to show he wants to play...
another is 'outside'...he runs to the door and goes beserk...he loves to come out with me(on a leash).........and both boys know the word NO, I only have to repeat maybe twice and what ever they are doing is stopped....so darn cute.
Of course they come to their own names or nicknames even..

looking forward to the new pictures..
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
AppleBr Girls not eating properly f... Comment
Dec 07
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Dec 04
AppleBr commented on Timmy 18.11.16
Dec 02