Animal Surgery Expert Forum
hard lump normal a few days after spay?
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding surgery. Questions will be answers by a veterinarian from PetDocsOnCall

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hard lump normal a few days after spay?

my puppy was spayed on november 17 at the vet used by the rescue she came from, not my regular vet.  I tried to keep her as calm as possible and she has been wearing the "space-dog" cone.  This is my first time with a female dog that wasn't already spayed when I got her.  She weighs about 16.5 pounds.  I noticed yesterday a small lump at the suture site.  Tonight, it seems quite a bit larger, and is a hard lump.  I can't really tell if it's tender.  The first time I touched it, it seemed to bother her.  When I touched it again, she didn't seem to react.  Her eyes are also very bloodshot.  Is this urgent?  Should we go to emergency tonight?   or could this wait until tomorrow morning for our regular vet?  
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
8 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
rott/husky mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 17, 2009
City
:  
skokie
State/Province
:  
illinois
Blood Test Results
:  
none