Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Bulimia and aneurysms

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Bulimia and aneurysms
Hi, my name is Jenny. I suffered from Bulimia from the age of 17 through to around 22/23. I am now 26 and consider myself to be fully recovered. Towards the end I noticed that each purge would cause tiny purple dots to appear on my eyelid area, and I would get really bad headaches. I relapsed once when I was 24 and instantly those dots appeared again. I was wondering whether the pressure caused in my head by vomiting might have weakened the walls of my blood vessels? Is it possible that I might have damaged them to the point where I could have an aneurysm? Are there any other health issues that might have been caused by bulimia that would show up now, or later (damage to internal organs, or anything like that?). Thank you!