Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Diarrhea From Anorexia?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diarrhea From Anorexia?

Is it possible to get diarrhea from anorexia? I was curious because no matter what i eat, without taking, Loperamide Hydrochloride (anti-diarrheal medication), i can't seem to fight the diarrhea. I used to be anorexic and i think thats a factor as to why i have diarrhea nearly everyday without the pills. Also, is it possible to get diarrhea from anxiety?

Please, please, please help me.
Thanks.
Related Discussions
514715_tn?1338269858
Dear kate306,

Your gastrointestinal system could definitely be thrown off from your anorexia.  Your current anxiety could be the culprit for your diarrhea.  Anxiety and Anorexia often go hand in hand.  Seeking medical attention for your diarrhea is recommended.  Getting to the root of your anxiety and decreasing your anxiety is critical.

For more information on anorexia, visit the bella vita website.

Best,
Dr. Patricia Pitts
The Bella Vita
Los Angeles, CA

3 Comments
Blank
i have crohns disease, and i was/am anorexia.....i have the anorexia part under control right now.... but i had lots of diarrhea not stop.... i dont know if it was from the crohns or being anorexic... i know if your malnourished will give you diarrhea....  
Blank
can you get crohns disease because of anorexia?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank