Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Eating Problems

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Eating Problems

Hi ,

My name is Sade . I got some answers abotu eating . I have seen my doctor several time for blood works . H ejust says stop smokign . Its hard becuase i been stress since 6 since rape. Than life. Than i lost my mother at 17 and my brother at 19 . And more . I sometimes will eat once a day or once every 3 days i just have no appetite at all. I was 135 pounds now im 99 to 100 i try to eat n i do but at time i feel upset. I  have lost breast size leg size which makes my skin less fitt. where can i go what can i do ????
1 Comment
oh my you have certainly been through a LOT, and i am very sorry for all of the pain and suffering you must have experienced as a result of being raped and the loss of two family members, i can hardly imagine going through what you have:( i have also suffered from an eating disorder and can honestly say that i would not have been able to get to where i am today without the wonderful, loving help of my nurse practitioner, who specializes in eating disorders. first of all, have you talked to your doctor about this? if not, that is a good place to start in order to receive help (i'm assuming you don't want to continue living life like this, right?).

in addition to getting help from my nurse practitioner i have seen a few nutritionists (this overwhelmed me and thus i did not benefit from what they had to say to me) and i also saw a few therapists, one with whom i bonded fairly well with and who helped me in my recovery.  

if you actually WANT to recover from disordered eating and be able to eat normally and maintain a healthy weight, then you CAN. do not doubt yourself. and best of luck, i hope this helped!