Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Heart rate and blood pressure
About This Forum:

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart rate and blood pressure

Hi, I am a long time sufferer of Anorexia Nervosa. I have had bouts of normal weights and underweight. For the most part I tend to 'walk the line' and maintain a lower weight than I should, but am not severely emaciated by any means (BMI fluctuates between 16.4-19). Anyway, lately my blood pressures have been around 83/40 and in the morning my heart rate can be as low as 35. My doctor has also been checking my blood sugar and they have been 29, 36, 43. My latest labs also showed elevated liver enzymes and decreased GFR.

I suppose my question is have I done real damage to my body? From this limited information do you think it'd be wise to seek a higher level of care? I am currently working as a personal trainer and spinning instructor (I know, I know) and am a full time graduate student. I don't necessarily feel bad, just run down a lot.

Opinion, Advice?