Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Help for loosing weight

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Help for loosing weight

Hey, I'm 19 years old and i gave birth 3 and a half months ago... I've always been a bit big and when i was pregnant managed too loose a little bit of weigh ( i found out i had a thyroid gland problem and am now on medication, so that helped) I weighed excactly the same at the end of the pregnancy as i did at the beging of the pregnancy and that was 89 kilos... When i gave birth i thought i would loose some more weight but i havn't and im having real big problems with trying too loose it excersize is hard because i'm asthmatic so if i run i cough and cough and it kills... I'd like too go too the gym but i have no car yet too get too one and i live in the middle of no where... does anyone have any good ideas at types of exercizes i can do... I have too be carful though because i've had back pains where i had the pedidurle... Also food  I've never really been a healthy eater but i try and its very hard ... also the ammount i eat too, does anyone have any ideas on being able too reduce the amount of food i eat... I've tried putting less on the plate but then i'm tempted too snack... i'd apreciate peoples ideas also if other people have been in the same situation and managed too get out of it... I want too do this for myself, my child and my partner as i dont feel i please him enough :( although he tells me he loves me the way i am... I'm just sick of feeling horrible about myself please help
Tags: fat
It sounds like you have a lot going on - a new baby at age 19, struggling with food, weight and appearance, not feeling good about yourself, being involved in building a relationship and a family, etc.  Wow!  That's a lot to handle at just 19!  My hope for you is that you be kind and gentle with yourself.  Who are trusted friends and family members you can speak with?  Are you in therapy or a group for young moms?  The more you work through your feelings and learn ways to cope the more you will like yourself and not need to manage your life by controlling your food, weight and appearance.  Seek support.  Your deserve it!  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts   The Bella Vita Eating Disorders Programs  Los Angeles, CA