Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Insatiable Appetite

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Insatiable Appetite

I am currently 5'8'' and 88 pounds. I've been anorexic for three years and am in the refeeding process now. I used to never be hungry but now no matter what I eat, I'm voraciously hungry. Actually, the voracious appetite came a couple months even before the refeeding process. I don't know what to do. I miss feeling full. Also, I've been having severe constipation despite increased food portions and taking stool softeners. Is this normal in refeeding? Thank you for any help you could give. This constant hunger has me at the end of my rope.
1 Comment
Yes it is what your body has been deprived all these three years. You need the food and you need to gain at least another 30-40 pounds. Hence the insatiable hunger and appetite. You will look and feel much better. Trust me. I was in the same boat. Constipation should go away once your body is used to digesting the food. Eat more , you're too underweight and must look pretty hagged and unhealthy ... like I was. All the best & take care. Claudine