Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Recovered anorexic trying to be healthy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Recovered anorexic trying to be healthy

Hi,
I used to be anorexic/bulimic when I was 15-17 years old. Now I am 19 and weigh about 120 something and am 5'3. I know i am not overweight but I want to lose a few pounds. I have fat in certain areas that really bother me. So i have been trying to lose weight for awhile now but it seems impossible. I run almost everyday for 6 miles or more and do weights at least twice a week. I work at a job where I am standing all the time and moving around. So combined with the running and my job and weights I thought that it would be easy to lose weight by cutting calorie intake. However i do not think that it is working. I have just began to count my calories because I thought that I might be eating more than I thought. I sometimes binge which is something that began after gaining weight to be healthy again. Well I am sort of discouraged because I feel like i am eating healthy and exercising and should lose weight. i have been trying for quite sometime but it seems hopeless................I am just wondering if i have a very slow metabolism now? I also was curious how much calories i should be taking in to lose weight. I want to be at least 115 and at most 110. Am I expecting to much to lose that? I know that I am a normal weight but I just want to lose a little to make me feel more comfortable in my skin. Thanks in advance