Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Recovered anorexic trying to be healthy

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Recovered anorexic trying to be healthy
I used to be anorexic/bulimic when I was 15-17 years old. Now I am 19 and weigh about 120 something and am 5'3. I know i am not overweight but I want to lose a few pounds. I have fat in certain areas that really bother me. So i have been trying to lose weight for awhile now but it seems impossible. I run almost everyday for 6 miles or more and do weights at least twice a week. I work at a job where I am standing all the time and moving around. So combined with the running and my job and weights I thought that it would be easy to lose weight by cutting calorie intake. However i do not think that it is working. I have just began to count my calories because I thought that I might be eating more than I thought. I sometimes binge which is something that began after gaining weight to be healthy again. Well I am sort of discouraged because I feel like i am eating healthy and exercising and should lose weight. i have been trying for quite sometime but it seems hopeless................I am just wondering if i have a very slow metabolism now? I also was curious how much calories i should be taking in to lose weight. I want to be at least 115 and at most 110. Am I expecting to much to lose that? I know that I am a normal weight but I just want to lose a little to make me feel more comfortable in my skin. Thanks in advance