Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Retaining fluid when I try to eat normal

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

I would like to know why when I try to eat normal I retain so much fluid throughout my body and if there is something that can done about it? I have had a eating disorder for 14 years.I've made several attempts to stop but seem to always relapse and continue with the behavior.I know one of the reasons is because of all the fluid I get.My whole body just swells up so bad that it can be painful and it looks abnormal.Please if there is anything I can do to stop all the fluid I would to know.
Fluid retention can be quite dangerous.  At the extreme, it can cause heart failure.  I would urge you to seek medical attention for fluid shifts.  I would not do this alone.  To learn more about eating disorders visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA
1 Comment
A related discussion, swelling after eating anything was started.