Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Tight throat, recovering from bulimia

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Tight throat, recovering from bulimia

I had bulimia for the past two years and made myself throw up roughly once every three or four weeks.  I stopped five weeks ago for what I hope is for good and am experiencing tightness in my throat.  It was getting better but then I tried sing and it got worse.  It does not hurt to eat but my throat feels like it is swollen and squeezing in.  I am wondering if it is something to so with my glands because it hurts on either side of my throat and a little more on one side then the other.  If you could help me understand why this is happening and if there is anything I can do to make it go away that would be really great!
Your symptoms could possibly be related to bulimia, but possibly not. An Ear Nose and Throat doctor will be able to help you determine the cause and help find a way to alleviate the symptoms.

Good Luck,

Dr. Patricia Pitts