Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Uncontrollable weight loss
About This Forum:

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Uncontrollable weight loss

I have a very hard time gaining weight and would like some advice on how I can gain weight AND keep it on. Everyone always tells me to just eat, but the problem is I don't have much of an appetite and when I do eat I eat a large amount but don't gain weight. I have always been thin but recently I have lost more weight than I have ever in my entire life. I am 36 years old, 5'3' and only weigh 98lbs. I haven't weighed this little since junior high! I drink coffee throughout the day and know that this is a suppressant but can't stop drinking coffee rather than eating. I was prescribed an anti-depressent which has a side effect of weight gain when I sought treatment from a doctor, however I stopped taking it and of course the weight fell right off and then some. I am really bothered by the looks and the comments I get from people and just want to look healthy. Could you please give me some direction in my quest to gain weight? Thank you so much!
Tags: Weight