Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
When will my period come back?

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

When will my period come back?

I'm 5'4 105 pounds and my weight is stabalized.. I can't seem to gain anymore weight. But I'm wondering, will my period still come back even though my bmi is 18, which is slightly underweight?
and also, if I take multivitamons in the morning and eat very healthy will that help it come back? Is their anything else I can do to make it come back?
i weigh 20 pounds less than you and about a year ago i weighed as much as you and i recently got my period back but i had gone to the doctor and they said that it was because of stress.
I have the same problem as you. I went to my doctor and am now on some medication to give my reproductive system a kick start. My doctor said that when your body is under physical or emotional stress, it goes into "fight" response, and puts all food towards protecting itself, which explains why your period stops. Don't worry, apparently it is quite common and is treatable. But please see your GP for a chat & a check up. Good luck xx