Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
anorexia and kelp pills

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

anorexia and kelp pills
Hey ,
well...ok im an anorexic and i am currently taking zinc, potassium, calcium , magnesium, omega 3 and vitamin c d.    I am about to start taking kelp pills, and was wondering what the risk or dangers would be to me. And are there any side effects to just taking them on thier own? I am just considering the dangers before i proceed with the pills. Any advice would be brilliant and much appreciated. Thanks.
Kelp has been used in helping those with Anorexia as a mineral replacement.  It consists of several seaweeds.  It is rich in calcium, iodine, iron, magneseum, copper, and trace minerals.  Anorexia is a delicate disorder, please consult your own medical doctor regarding taking kelp, other over-the-counter supplements, medications, etc.  Proper nutrition is the goal in treating Anorexia.  Food is medicine.  To learn more about anorexia and treatment options, visit the bella vita website.  Best regards, Dr Patricia Pitts  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA
Do not take drugs without a proper prescription by doctors.  Anorexia is a serious disease that requires an intensive care.  Treatment to anorexia may differ from one patient to  another.