Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
anorexia/burn out

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

anorexia/burn out

I have had anorexia for about 6 years,and at the moment i weigh 41.2 kilos My parents and partner are concerned at the moment that i might need treatment in hospital. At the moment i feel  confused about the situation  and finding it hard to make up my mind, im 28 years old and am 161 cm tall. They think i have burnt myself out to a point where i can make my own decision.  I feel so low that  the things i used to i cannot  do .What is happening please help
Entering treatment can be a stressful and confusing time, and the support of your friends and family should help make the transition easier. If you need help deciding what you should do you can take our free eating disorder survey at www.thebellavita.com. This should help you figure out whether you need help or not. If you need to talk about options you can give us a call 24/7 at 818.585.1775

Peace & Luck,

Dr. Patricia Pitts
You really need to get help.  You are underweight and you know that you are anorexic. Get help before its too late. It looks like you have lots of support so I think that you will do just fine considering you have admitted to having the disease.