Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
anorexic and spitting up after eating - whats going on?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

anorexic and spitting up after eating - whats going on?

my friend was anorexic two years ago to the stage where she stopped having periods, i thought she had improved but recently every new person i meet who knows nothing about her past passes comment on how thin she is without me saying anything that could prompt it, and although im sure she is still having periods at the moment she has been spitting up just a mouthful of vomit uncontrollably into whatever glass or cup is closest to her pretty much every time she finishes a proper meal. this has been going on for quite some time now, about 6 months, is this spitting up after eating related to the anorexia or something completely unrelated? and if it has been caused by anorexia how has this happened and what complications could this cause?