Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
denial??

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

denial??
I think my parents are in denial about my eating disorder because I dont weight as low as I used to. I ended up in the ER a few weeks ago because I damaged my heart, but they still won't do anything to help me; they keep saying that if I would just eat a meal everything would be fine.  what do I have to do to make them realize? How can I get help when my parents refuse to pay for treatment and insurance doesn't pay? I don't know what to do and I feel like my body won't take this much longer.
How old are you?  Did the ER doctor speak to your parents about your condition?  Since it sounds like you are have difficulty getting through to your parents about your needs, have you spoken to a school counselor or an adult in your family or family friend about your eating disorder?  Sometime parents are not able to hear it from their child.  It helps to have an adult or more help educate your parents about your condition and needs.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts  The Bella Vita Eating Disorder Programs   Los Angeles, CA
There may be a support group in or around where you live. It seems to spin out of control and it's hard to correct on your own. Find someone to talk to and seek professional help. I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to handle my eating disorder and because I do not know where to start I am loosing hope on getting it fixed fast. I am thinking about going to talk to a professional and a support group.