Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
depression?

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

depression?

For the past couple of  months i have had friends and family telling me that i look tiny and that i have lost lots of weight. I have recently broken up with my boyfriend and i am finding it VERY difficult.I saw him the other day and he said i did not look well  which has made me abit paranoid. i am begining to think maybe it is depression. However,i  eat but just dont seem to have an appitight which leads me into not eating as much as i usually would have. But now i seem to be eating hardly anything and sometimes will go throught a whole day without eating a single thing.. then i will have a day where i will eat what ever i like. i do not see the physical weight loss on me but everyone around me keeps noticing it. i use to weight 7 and a half stone now i am 6.10 stone so i am just abit confussed with what is happening and dont understand why i am doing this? is it worth seeing a doctor? and could it be depression?
The fact that you are questioning whether its healthy or not, is enough to go to a doctor. You can go to our website at www.thebellavita.com for a free eating disorder survey and for more information. If you have any questions you can call our intake coordinator at 818.585.1775

Peace & Luck,

Dr. Patricia Pitts
I used to get into relationships and they were very stressful and I used to lose at least 10lbs because I wouldnt eat because I would have no appetite.  I want to say its normal because I have gone through it so many times.  Once you get over him and move on with your life you will start to feel better again.