Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
eating problem

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

eating problem
Hi My name is Sade. I am 19 years of age . I been having eating problems since 17 when my mother passed. Like what ever i eat i just go right to the toilet after. I lost over 30 pounds without a month and 18 days. So i wanan no what i can eat or drink to get my weight back. I smoke also so maybe that can be a problem
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your mother at such a young age.  Grieving her loss and adjusting to life must be quite a challenge.  They say that the second year of the death of a parent is even harder than the first year.  Smoking actually increases one's metabolism, can decrease one's eating and is an ineffective (not to mention life threatening) coping skill.  I am quite concerned about you, rapid weight loss can be quite damaging to the body.  Your weight loss is saying what your mouth cannot say.  For your sake, please see a medical doctor and get a physical with blood work to know what is happening to your body and what your need.  Also, if you aren't already, see a therapist for your grief and eating issues.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts  The Bella Vita Eating Disorder Programs  Los Angeles, CA