Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
recovering anorexic weight gain

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

recovering anorexic weight gain

I am a 28yr old recovering anorexic and I have just started eating again. In the first week I gain 5 pound immediatly and begin eating all the time, I hungry every two hours and my weight actually dropped back down close to where it was! I was happy with it, I was a few pounds heavier than when I was restricting, which is healthy for me. Then I started eating dairy and I gained 5 pounds and had a distended belly for about 10 days or so. My weight has stayed at that same 5 pounds extra for about a month now.I am freaking out, It feels like real weight, my thighs and hips are bigger. It really does feel too heavy, its more than I was before I was restricting. I am doing a normal diet of 2000-2100 a day and exercising 5 days a week for 40min. Is this where it will stay?
By practicing not focusing on food, weight, and appearance your journey to gain yourself will return.  To learn to more about anorexia and recovery visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts  Los Angeles, CA