Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
wil i gain weight ?

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

wil i gain weight ?
if i chew my food then spit it back out will i still gain weight alough am not actually swallowing ?
Chewing and spitting out often makes individuals gain weight.  It can also wreck your teeth and is very hard to stop doing.  You need to looking into what is causing you to do this behavior.  If your were not chewing and spitting up what would you be feeling and/or doing?  Seek help and support.  For more information on eating disorders, visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts  Los Angeles, CA
I am an anorexic and i thought it be ok to chew and spit food sometimes but it actually made me gain weight and made my glands swollen.and you probably swallow more than you think without even realizing it.  plus it gets very addicting and could eventually turn into bulimia.
A related discussion, chewing and spitting food does it put weight on? was started.