Anxiety Community
Anxiety - throat always tense, makes it difficult to talk
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety - throat always tense, makes it difficult to talk

Hello everyone!
I've had major anxiety for the past 3 years and the main symptom I cannot take is inability to pronounce words. The anxiety will limit my vocal range so I cannot effortlessly say words like I used to.  From what I read it's due to larynx going into fight or flight and tensing up. The problem is it's always like this. I left my job because it's too hard to push the words out and I know something is wrong.
Does anyone know how I can relax my throat muscles so I can pronounce words properly?

Thank you in advance!
Tags: Anxiety, impaired speech, Can't pronounce, Trouble enunciating, Tight larynx, Tight tense throat muscles
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You have had anxiety for three years with a fine voice until recently. How do you know it's from anxiety?

I have had anxiety for many many years with a fine voice until a med I was on for 6 days gave me facial and neck tremors and really screwed up my voice. The Voice Dr. Says I have dystharia from the med and need speech therapy.

This may not be your situation, but our voices have the same problem. Mine may be worse.

I would highly reccomend you go to a Voice/Speech Dr. You will no doubtly get a script to start Speech Therapy before it gets worse. If your like me it won't get better by itself.
Blank
777384_tn?1235737707
anxiety and meds give you  dry mouth  , my way round it I chew a cocktail  stick it helps produce saliva  . where chewing gum is cool to but give jaw ache , always try to keep your mouth from going dry it will give bad breath if dry, People say to me why you always got that stick in your mouth, I SAY WHY NOT
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
242912_tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on meegWpaw's status
48 mins ago
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
5 hrs ago