Anxiety Community
my work is stressing me out....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

my work is stressing me out....

I went to work last night and my manager wanted to talk to me.  Ill try to make this stiry short.  We had inspection last  saturday  the store failed.  My mananger was very upset.  She told me Im getting written up cause I was there.  Anyway I have to take a servesafe test this is my 3rd time cause I keep failing my test  she said to me if I feel again the manager above her told my manager she wants to let me go.  I flipped out  I said looks like Im going to have to get another job I can't afford beiing out of work.  She said if I back her up she will back me up.......She wants me to be strictor to everyone I think I am but she doesn't.  Im worried now I won't past this test I go aug. 24  the reason why I been failing  cause you take the final test the next day  and they don't give you much time study.    This is Dunkin donuts Im a supervisor and I  don't get paid enough to put up with this ****.  Ya know I look at it this way my 2 sons are going to school full time  it is easier for me to get another job.   My quiestions to all of you ladies cause Im in stress as you can see Do you think I should start looking for another job?  I don't know if my manager is saying this cause she is mad we failed the inspection.   Im sick of this stress like I need more...
You need to weigh your options.  If your job is upsetting you (even before the manager talked to you) then you should start looking.  However, you need to see what else it is that you want to do and what jobs are available.  Also, I see that you work nights.  Do you want to continue to work nights?  Also you have to see about salary.  There are so many things that you would have to figure out first and right now I don't know if you are emotionally able to handle it.  Have you considered working in a school?  The hours will be the same as your children.  Why do you keep failing the test?  Maybe you need to take time to study..which would be a good thing because it will help you to get your ;mind off your health.  I know my answer is all over the place but I am trying to give you the questions you need to answer first.
Im just tired of everything its one thing after another.  They give you a day to study and this is a 15 chapter book.  The job isn't worth it.  On saturdays I have to go  to work an hour earlier now.......I get paid min. wage and tips  are good.  I love my  customers its up and downs there....
Im just ired of everything feel so depress today....
Don't quit until you found another job.  If they should let you go collect the unemployment and look for another job.

But do something about your nerves and anxiety.  See somebody soon!  Otherwise it will effect every job you will have.

Try to get a day time job.  Suzi's advise is right, try to get a job at the school where your kids are or any school.

I know somebody who cleans houses in a very rich part of town.  She is allowed to bring her two kids with her.  The owners of the house are never there.  She makes about $1000.00 a week including weekends.  She is done cleaning one house by noon.  She has her own hours.  

She is not doing these jobs because she is not educated and can't find nothing else.  She says the money is good, she can be with her kids, and what she told me is most important to her is that she can choose her own hours as long as the house gets cleaned.
I know the feeling when you feel everything is wrong.  It is a horrible feeling.  It will get better.  Baby steps and one day at a time.  Hang in there.
Why do you only get 1 day to study?  Can you get a hold of the book now and start studying for your test on the 24th?
I   can't get hold of the book cause they have them.......I know some stuff but the test is really hard....

suzi q-  I have a follow up with my OBGYN  friday just nervous....
I'm actually headed out of town.  I needed some directions from Mapquest and then decided to drop in on the Anxiety forum.  Read your post and Googled servsafe and I believe you can purchase online courses and other study materials.  Is this what you need?  Well here is the link, hope it helps.  Have a good day.  http://www.servsafe.com/
Thanks your a BIG help.  Ill look @ it.....
Have a great trip!!
Thanks!  Take care.  Chat with you when I return.  :)
Raine-  have a great trip!

Bip- why do you have a follow up?  Probably ust to go over the results?  Remember, if it was anything serious, you would have known something by now.  You are fine...I am sure you are.  Try to stop stressing it.

You really need to get busy and do something else with your time.  That is why I LOVE to work!  Keeps my mind active or else I will go insane!  Maybe getting a day job would be better for you.  Look into your public schools and into Civil Service tests for school personnel...you can become a secretary for a school...you can become a clerk in the office, you can become a classroom aide.  There are many 10 month jobs that would be great for you so you will be off with your boys and then you can sleep at night.  I think you have too much time on your hands..and for people like us, that is very scary!!!!
gymdandee commented on How much arsenic is i...
27 mins ago
jgrubb75 commented on 5 year old son diagno...
1 hr ago
10356 commented on onthefence's status
1 hr ago