10 year old Daughter afraid to sleep alone
I have 2 children, one daughter 19 and one 10 year old, they shared a room until 4 years ago and the younger
child has yet to sleep in her room alone. We have told her to sleep with the lights and  tv on and door wide open.
When a friend wants to spend the night, she is just fine then. But if the teenager goes to stay the night away, then the 10 year old wants to sleep with us, Or one of us goes to her room. She even acts afraid to go from room to room in the day light... she runs from room to room. We have an alarm on our whole house !  I just purchased her a complete new bedroom suite, thinking that would help, NOT.  I told her she cannot have anyone stay the night until she has atleast stayed one night in there alone. We have both said: There in nothing to be afraid of and we will stay awake till you are good and asleep, Does not seem to help. Any sugestions? I am desperate. I just had a Hysterectomy 6 days ago and will be home for 6 weeks.... I  Need to get some sound sleep.
Thanks,
Ruth Ann