Anxiety Community
24/7 dizziness ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

24/7 dizziness ???

Hi everyone ... has anyone out there experienced 24/7 dizziness from there anxiety ?
I would describe my dizziness NOT as vertigo but as an imbalance while walking (accompanied by a heavy/drowsy head). Sometimes it feels like the ground is not solid.
Those of you who have experienced the type of dizziness I've described, was it all day/everyday or just when you panic ? Does it ever seem to go away or subside ? Also, is there anyone out there who had this symptom then had it disappear after their anxiety was under control or their stress relieved ?
yes I've had something similar.  It felt like a brief sensation of falling backwards also.  I think it can be due to allergies too ie something to do with the inner ear but anxiety makes you focus more on it plus the chest breathing leaves you a bit hyperventilated all the time.

And yes it completely goes away when the anxiety is fixed.  Any sensations of dizziness when you are mentally well are dealt with rationally ie ignored in the main.  If you actually faint that is a different story.

Good luck.
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.  I had it for approx 6 months straight with no relief at all.. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  YES!  it was all due to anxiety and depression.  Went for MRI's on my head.  Went to allergists and Ears Nose Throat doctors.  NOthing physically wrong....finally a succumbed to the fact that is is depression and anxiety.  Started Meds.  Haven't felt that way (except for high anxiety situations) since meds kicked in.....Approx. 10 years now! I am on Paxil and Buspar.  BEST TO YOU.  SEE A DOCTOR.  IT DEFINITELY CAN BE RELATED TO ANXIETY...BUT ONLY A DOCTOR CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE.
I do take Paxil (6 weeks now). I have been to a number of doctors and specialists .... they have found nothing wrong. I will be tested for Lyme in two weeks.

So, you had dizziness 24/7, even when you were not anxious ? What other persistent symptoms did you have ? My dizziness has been going on for approx 4 months. I have other symptoms which have been going on longer. Any advice ? How much Paxil and Buspar do you take ? Thanks for yor help.
My lightheadedness and dizziness was also accompanied by pressure in my head.  It just never went away.  If it subsided (which it did very slightly..and very rarely) I was left with a dull headache.  It was truly horrible.  I seemed to always be in the middle of a slight panic attack...and sometimes a full blown one!  I had the shakes and nausea constantly.  I felt I lost my life.  Everything was a chore.  I was tested for every disease under the sun..lupus, MS, HIV (by my request even though I was not sexually active!  That is what anxiety can do!)  I went to allergists, ENT doctors, and finally a neurologist who took a CAT scan of my head (swore I had a brain tumor) and then an MRI because I was not convinced.  I then started Paxil (at a low dose) and I was also on this med. called Depakote...a very powerful drug for those with other "mental" conditions. I was convinced I was totally nuts, but my doctor assured me that my condition was from depression and anxiety.  It calms your brain.  I don't know the exact thing it does, but I had to be monitored on it.  Then after a year, I was weaned off the depakote.  A few years after that my parents both passed away in a very short time.  Most of my symptoms came back because of the stress and depression in my life.  That is when I started on the Buspar.  So, now, a few years after that, I am on 50 mgs of Paxil daily and 30 milligrams daily of Buspar.  

I hope you are feeling better, please let me know if you have any other questions.  I will be glad to share what I know.

Hang in there.
I have had this form of dizziness for over 2 years. It is not the vertigo type either but a constant bouncing feeling, pressure in the head and fatigue all the time. I have a terrible time falling asleep at night. I have also had every test under the sun done including an MRI and they cannot find anything physically wrong. I am also on Paxil which makes me even more tired. I am tired of feeling this way all the time. When it first started I wasn't feeling particularly anxious and even though I have been on Paxil for over a year, quit my job and try very hard to stay relaxed and rested I am still bouncy and foggy everyday. It is no fun and I have had enough.
Wow this has sort of helped me. The thing that scars me is one doctor in the er said i had a panic attack and i did at that time. Now im constantly lightheaded and have a pressure in the same spot on my head. i have had a blood test for everything and they came out fine,i have had an upper gi, a cats scan which came out normal. I have had every test under the sun! The only thing they found wrong was i had ovarion ruptured cyst, but the doc says it's not serious and goes away. other than that all the other test came out fine  What gets me the panic attack is that during the day im so drowsy like i have no energy to do anything. But at late night im fine. During the day i feel like im dying of weakness and lightheadedness.  It's scars me because i can't even get out of bed and everybody is just telling me it's a panic attack and to get over it. Also that it's depression. i also feel like i can't breath. It just gets worse everyday.  And now it last till like 9 at night then im wired till 3 or 4 in the morning. My biggest fear is having a brain tumor! Even though i know it's anxiety im constantly like this everyday. I can't afford an MRI right now so i just tell myself to calm my self down that if the cat scan came out normal and every other test has come out fine then i must be fine. Yet even though i tell myself im fine i still experience the same symptoms everyday for the past 5 months. So if it is GAD like everybody including the doctors telling me this than how can i control it. Because obviously i have tried everything from distracting my self, taking xanax and telling myself im healthy and still i can not control it. Im seein a pshcologist next week. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to control GAD.
I experienced this for days on end in the beginning, then it went away, then came back, on and on.  I was so terrified of fainting or blacking out I dind't know what to do.  I felt like the medicine was also making me tired/drowsy, but then I wasn't sure.  I'm on a beta blocker, medicine for gerd and Xanax when needed.    I got so confused I felt like I was losing my mind and losing touch with reality.  Anyway, once I started eating better and trying to stay calm and not panic as much it got better-but it hasn't totally gone away.  It is an AWFUL feeling.  I felt as if I was walking in glue somedays, or sometimes (and I still do this) I would hold onto something while I was walking for fear I would fall down!  It is crazy.  
I am telling you, stress is such an awful thing, it not only wreakis havoc on  your mind, but it starts to wreak havoc physically as well!!!
I have other symptoms too, but I won't even get into that :-)
I hope everyone feels better and SOON!!!
Even though this isn't my post i couldn't have described it better myself..today is really bad and reading this post helped me alot .Thanks to the poster and all who answered , your timing couldn't be better..Btw I am gaining control of my anxiety ,in part thanks to the Lucinda Basset program, this darn dizzy part is the hardest one for me to kick ..I have managed to get rid of alot of the other symptoms and am only taking beta blockers in a VERY low dose... Thanks again ..God Bless
I have this too and it is probably the number one thing that bothers me.  It is like the floor is moving or there are low spots in the floor when I am walking.  I am weening off Klonopin and weened off Corgard (beta-blocker) completely.  It has gotten better than it used to be, but sometimes it feels like it will never go away.  I also get this unsteadiness type feeling sometimes when I am sitting, but I cant tell if it's the palps that are making me move.  But I must also say that my left leg feels really weak and I have some knee pain in that leg when I exercise now that I didnt feel before my panic attack.  I am really thinking that it's the meds causing this, but I had it right after the panic attack, so I don't know.

I am really hoping it will go away soon.  It just makes me feel uncomfortable and not confident when I am out and about.
THANK YOU!

I'm 18 years old and have been experiencing vertigo/unsteadiness for 19 months now. It began two summers ago when I started my first job and has persisted ever since! every day, no matter the time or atmoshere. After my first two weeks of dizziness I called my PCP and made my first appointment with him. I told him my symptoms, and be basically ridiculed me and blew me off. For months I kept feeling dizzy. I went back and demanded some sort of test. I had blood drawn, and eventually was sent to a neurologist who gave me an MRI and CAT scan. When all tests came back, I found there was nothing wrong with my brain/blood. I felt discouraged, but continued to live dizzy for the next few months. Later, after talking to friends and family and doing alot of online research, I returned to my doctor, who then referred my to an ear-nose-throat specialst, who blatantly told me a was crazy. I went back to the neurologist who prescribed motion sickness packages, which, in turn, dilated my pupils times 10 and made my vision even more blurry. I did more research. I thought that maybe I had poor blood circulation. I've always had it in my legs, why not in my brain? Maybe that was causing the dizziness? So I went to umpteen health stores and spent hundreds of dollars on blood circulating supplements that didn't help.

I've cried every day, I've quit my job, I've lost some friends, and I've come close to dropping out of high school during my senior year. But thanks to this blog, I have been given more hope. I'm going to call my PCP right now and make an appointment to confront him with this new information. Thank you all, so much.

Meghan
Don't know if this will help you guys or not.  Not if it's your meds or caused by Anxiety, but if it's a form of vertigo give this site a look.  Scrolll to the bottom of the page there is a picture chart, read it like a clock.  It's a 2 min Maneuver you do at home.  You'll know right away if it works.  Fixed me after 4 months of Dr. visits and meds.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec06/ch080/ch080e.html

Hope it works.

If so and you see others on here having problems spread the word of this site.
Some say its vertigo, some say its anxiety/depression, blood pressure and all those ****...the thing is we are having difficult time dealing with this constant dizziness..n it seems thrs no end to it...everyday we live in the darkness, worrying about our environment...the thing is, we are healthy...coz most of us came out fine from mri scans, bloodtests n stuff...it must be smth wrong with our minds..we need to figure out whats causing all this...issit our mind playing with us, issit really a desease that doctor havent able to identify or smth else...drugs dont really work, it only make things worst, especially withdrawal stage...there must be something we can do to feel better...1 thing i agree is interacting with people who understands us, those who are sufferin from this annoying dizziness will surely understand us...so its best if we can  interact with them n support each other...thats the only way...1day we will c the light again...its hard...i know...its scary, coz i myself suffer from it...just have to go through each day slowly...and pray that 1day we all be normal again...
i am eighteen and due to this my life has become a compleate misery. i constantly worry, i feel if i do to much the dizziness comes and stays all bloody day. when i am sitting down or lying down i feel a swaying movement.. i am covinced i have a brain tumor and am going to have a brain hemorage any muinet. i live in fear of death.. antone else get that?? from morning till night its one worry after another.. WE NEED AWAY TO GET RID OF THIS ANXIETY SO THE DIZZINESS WILL STOP!!! would love to talk to someone of same symptoms. who else feels like they are driving them selfs insane?> and that watching everyday 'normal' people really makes them jelouse??> x
My 18 year old daughter too has dizziness, but they found the cause as being a damaged vestibular nerve (they think from a virus).  She went to vestibular rehab which helped  but she gets a lot of relapses.  The ENTs told her the rehab works like 98% of the time.  So she has been diagnosed with anxiety/depression due to this unresolved dizziness.  Also after a few months of the dizziness she started having horrible head pressure as some of you have described and trouble breathing.  She doesn't think she is anxious, stressed or depressed.

The tried celexa for 6 weeks and it did nothing, now she is on her second week of Cymbalta.  Waiting for it to kick in.  She is also going to start therapy.
i have been living with dizzy spells after having a cold i had a op on one of my eyes and one morning i woke up and felt like someone had hit me in my eye and to top that i had normal vision . i,ve had ct scans mri scans blood tests been spun on a table this way had that been to ent and been put on tabs for depression...i feel i became depressed from the dizzy spells not cause i was depressed...i,m married with 3 children and want to be a teacher so doing open uni from home...my life a mess just want to be normal again......kym
So, I have this dizziness thing too. I have been this way for the last 3 years, although it began 7 years ago. The last 3 years I have been dizzy every day, all day, with some relief here and there. There isn't a test out there I haven't had done. What I do know, is that with anxiety, dizziness is the last to come and the last to go. A good website and testimonials regarding dizziness is www.anxietycentre.com. Read it, it has some good information! Anyway, I feel the unsteadiness really bad in the am and the afternoon. it is always there to some extent. Sometimes it feels like I will pass out or black out, somtimes just off balance, sometimes whirling vertigo. Take your pick. My panic began 7 years ago, but was "dormant" for a few years then came back about 3 years ago. My panic is the worst is has ever been because of the way I feel. The thing is, I know it's anxiety, what else could it be. I just don't know how to get rid of it! i hate feeling this way! I can attest though that this is anxiety!
It is great to hear that someone else is going through the same  things.I am perfectly fine when sitting down but the moment I begin to walk out of work; I feel a little off balance and dizzy almost all the time. I am praying that God will take away this feeling. It is very distracting in my life. I have had a CT Scan (W/O Contrast) and nothing showed. I had a panic attack over a year ago and went to the ER. I thought I was having a heart attack. Over the past year I was constantly worried that I would have a heart attack or that something was wrong with me. I had theentire cardio vascular workup done, EKG, blood tests, stress tests etc....Once I had that test done I then began to think that something else was wrong with my body. Every little pain on my head intensifies and I think I have  a tumor.  I am scheduling an MRI with Contrast and I am almost sure everything will come up negative but this dizzy thing has me going crazy at times.
Hi all,

Does anyone still suffer from this? I had a car accident in July and a couple of months after I had a dizzy spell and two panic attacks, now I am constantly dizzy, my eyes can be sensitive to light and I sometimes feel pressure in my head... would really like to hear how people overcome this as I am getting fed up with feeling crazy and foggy. I am constantly worried something is really wrong...
hi ,i get dizzy and in balance and really bad anxiety,,i dnt go out much as i start worryin as soon as i think bout goin out in the car,,wen im reslly dizzy i hav 2 lay down 4 a couple of hrs,,then i vomit then i feel so much better,,,i really wish i can stop worryin as soon as i wanna go out,,,i cant walk far even tho i hold on as i become unsteady on my feet,,,im only 38,,feel like my life passin me by
I too suffer from hardcore anxiety. It has gotten so bad i can barely deal day to day. I am 25 years old and had my very first really bad panic attack at work Aug 1st of this year. I litterally thought i was dying. It was so bad i didnt even recognize my own dad. and that scared me horribly. Since then i have bad dizziness everyday.Not like vertigo. Just dizziness Nothing seems to help unless i get angry about it and try hard to ignore it or i put myself in a good mood. Idk why it helps it just does. I was diagnosed with General Anxiety and boy is it living up to its name. I have had EVERY symptom under the sun and even put myself in a psych ward. The one thing i cant handle out of this battle is the dizziness...I feel like its keeping me in the Anxiety loop. I have accepted having anxiety i can deal with that...I CAN NOT DEAL WITH THE DIZZINESS ANY LONGER. I have read countless things about anxiety and panic attacks but no one has say what helps them....its always how they feel and what causes it....Maybe if we all ban together...Something that helps you could help someone else and something that helps them will help you......But i cant find anything on how people cope or what helps them day to day.....If anyone can help or wants to share stories and coping stratigies feel free to e-mail me @ Tattoo_gurl1986***@****
Hi I suffer the same thing no one seems to understand I just would like to find someone that goes through the same thing as me ...Ingrid
test
one more test - seeing if this replies to everyone.  
I've had this dizziness constantly for the past 3-4 months guys.  I feel the same way you do.  When I walk I feel imbalanced, swaying back and forth, sea sick.  When I sit sometimes I feel like I can't completely center myself.  After I jog and stop I feel very dizzy.  When I walk and stand still I feel like the ground is moving around me and I'm going to fall.  I've never actually fallen or fainted.  I did have anxiety and was on Remeron for months, I'm off all meds for the past 3 months.  I never had this issue PRE-anxiety attacks.  Also note, I've never had an anxiety attack for the past 6 months.  I've gone through an EKG, physical, CT Scan, Lung X-Ray, Cardio Stress test, Vertigo test, ears, throat, check for labyrynthitis from an ENT.  EVERYTHING.

Trust me guys, if you've done the works then this is from anxiety.  My ENT specialist said it could be hyperventilation syndrome which 25% of americans is the root cause of the dizziness.  Look it up, its just taking too many breaths per minute.  So do what you can to slow down your breaths.  Also, look up chronic subjective dizziness.  It can be that as well.

What we must do is take natural steps towards reducing our anxiety level to the farthest away from panic as possible.  I know its easier said then done.  But in all honesty 99% of this is in our heads.  I've come to that conclusion.  Its depressing, frustrating, debilitating, I know... but eventually it will go away.  You just have to find ways to relax.  Right now I'm doing acupuncture and just finished up some sessions with a psycho-therapist doing EMDR with me to help relax.  Be strong, I can' be weak minded too but just have confidence and focus on other things, eventually your body and mind will re-center itself and you'll be able to live and breath like you once did.

I feel the same way for a month now but I cannot explain my dizziness it is the weirdest thing ever
For people who might be looking at this thread.  Please look into Migraine Associated Vertigo.  I thought I was going crazy until I got this diagnosis. It may or may not apply to you (it doesn't mean you've got to have a headache, I never did) but it may be the answer.  Just something to look into in case you haven't found any answers.  Best of luck
So i dont really get any panic attacks ever since i had my panic attack on january 31 up until now i feel lightheaded when i walk 24/7 im really scared and i feel presure in my head i dont really it well ,what could it be :/ HELP !
Ive had this for a year now constant dizziness shakes and my body feels so weak. Im at the end of my teather and dont know what to do. I have bad chest pains too and palps. But im constantly walking round asif im in a dream world its like everything isnt real very strange feeling. And headaches and pains are a nightmare. Im so convinced its a brain tumour but all the docs and all the hospital trips and they havent found nowt and they say its my anxiety. Ive pushed to be referred to nero doc and guna get a head scan to put my mind at rest. But surely alk these symptons 24/7 cant be anxiety can it? Im at a all time low and cant cope with these syptoms (symptoms) all the time its taking over my life. Glad to know im not on my own hope everyone ok xx
Damn this happens to me every day . As I am thin it was very hard for me to put on weight . Then I worked really hard to put on some weight and I gained just a few pounds then I got ill and lost those pounds I was so upset  that 24/7 I use to think about it I couldn't sleep I felt dizzy all the time I was on search engine 24 hour on the net to find out what's wrong with me then my doc told me that I am getting anxious and he put me on a small doze of ciplar after that I felt a bit relaxed though my weight loss is still a issue for me . My life used to b full of fun and now what I have become i don't talk to Any one don't hang out with my friends ma life is ruined
Have you gotten any better with your anxiety and dizziness, my life is ruined now. Anxious doing everything and anything even in the house I'm anxious and dizzy. Been like this for 17 months now with no relief or any kind of support system. Please tell me there is hope?
hello to all my fellow lightheaded sufferers out there.... this has been a long and difficult road for me which started about 5 years ago, I cannot say that there is "hope" but there is reprieve and finding a way of accepting your condition and releasing the anxiety that is attached to it helps a lot. my condition has worsened through the years, after having a child 2 years ago, my symptoms escalated to an almost unbearable height. I have good months and then I have bad ones and still after all this time I cannot determine the cause/triggers  of this ebb and flow. It just is what it is and I try to press on as best I can, being a mom with a toddler it is hard when i feel like I am going to faint all day and I have to hold onto things to keep me steady, when you cant hide in bed all day but have to put on a bold face for your kid, it's so hard but at this point I figure it cant be a brain tumor, the only thing I have not ruled out through doctors visits, that is just this strange manifestation of anxiety/depression. It helps to find others out there...suffering, knowing your not alone. at night after a few glasses of wine I usually feel a bit better, so that just further proves that it is an emotional imbalance, I also suffer from mild hypothyroidism and the thyroid hormone can play such a huge part in all of these issues. anyway hang in there guys...there is light at the end of this tunnel for us, we just have to find our joy again and press on. much love and strength to all of you out there :)
Genni27; thanks for your reply. At least you have some reprieve from this horrible illness. I would love to have one good day. You must have some support system? My husband and I are living in separate houses, he's my only support. ( which is none), he tells me he's coming over one minute and the next minute he calls and makes up excuses why he can't , so it's another day of suffering. Doctors give me antidepressants which actually make me feel worse, more anxiety more dizziness. Even the Ativan and xanax make me worse.  A lot of days I just want to die cause there is nothing to live for except the torchure I live everyday. I haven't tried wine yet, I just assume that the benzos don't work the wine won't help me. There isn't anything wrong with my thyroid they check it every time and I'm in the normal range.  Doctors have checked everything found things wrong with me but not the cause of my illness. I'm hungry all the time, I have to eat every couple of hours.
adelle55 I am sorry you are having such a hard time with this. yes having a support system is so vital to coping with these symptoms. i feel blessed that I have my husband who is unfailingly supportive through all my ups an downs. have you looked into herbal remedies for the anxiety and depression? I am limited to what I can take because I am still breastfeeding but GABA, L-thenine and st johns wort are two that have helped me in the past, I feel the key to all this is in regulating the mood, magnesium is also great for mood and can be taken safely with medications for it is a natural substance in our body that we women seem to be low on a lot. Hope this info helps a little. hang in there.
Have you recovered from your dizziness? My husband says its all in my head also, it's driving me crazy.
Hello just saw an old post. How is your anxiety now?
Hi Just want to know if you are better now. I have been dizzy and off balance for 6 weeks straight now 24/7.
Still have dizziness, but I have severe and chronic anxiety everyday. Susan do you have the anxiety? Go to your ENT and have him check you out?  I'm having acupuncture treatments, sometimes I feel it's helping and there are days I feel I'm never going to be myself again.
Hi Thanks so much for replying. I am very anxious now everyday because this dizziness and lack of balance is not going. I am going to see the Ent on Monday then the week after i have an Appointment with Neuroligist. I have been having neck problems as well will let him know this. I have no doubt that my severe anxiety is making this worse but i am scared my life is over because of dizziness and loss of balance,as i cannot do anything really. Just very scared.
I understand how you feel about being scared, I am scared also. I have been dealing with this for 16 months now, and have had the anxiety. Been to ENT, he says I have inner ear nerve damage but its not bad enough to cause the dizziness I'm having. So he called mine chronic subjective dizziness. I hope you have family and friend support, I don't and actually makes things worse cause I'm left alone everyday in my own head and have nothing else to think about except my illness. I call my life torchured and cruel. I wouldn't wish this on my enemy. I miss my life!!!!!!
Are you feeling any better with your anxiety and dizziness.  I'm still suffering greatly, wish I could live again.
Has anyone been in touch with these people who posted from 2006? Surely they are better or have answers by now. I have lost my life from this dizziness. It's not vertigo, got that ruled out. I've had every test done as well as I was in the hospital for a week convinced there had to be something wrong. I am desperate for help. I'm almost to the point where I just don't even want to live anymore. I have to go see a psychiatrist. Did anyone try medication for depression and anxiety and actually find relief? Or did that not work either? I have found something called atypical migraines. I'm seeing a neurologist in a couple of days to seek out that option. I don't even know what to think about this anymore. I'm at the end of my rope. I think we all need to get together and figure out the common denominator here. If it isn't anxiety or if it is. Maybe there was all a birth control that we were on or a vaccine we had got. Maybe I'm sounding crazy but I've noticed just about every comment is from a female. Maybe there's something else going on.. Please email me at ***@****
Again, my email is my first and last name with no spaces Ashley lauterbach and I have my email through gmail
I've had chronic anxiety and dizziness for a year in a half. Three weeks ago I started taking lexapro and it feels like my anxiety and dizziness is letting up some. I'm convinced its from anxiety cause I have had moments where my anxiety wasn't bad and my dizziness like went away.but those moments have been few and far between. I'm hoping I'm going to beat this cause I have lost my life with this for too long and lost friends and family members because of it. Cause they don't understand and have left me alone like I have the plague, I've had to find a support group also to go to so I wouldn't be alone all the time.
You felt as though your dizziness let up when you weren't as anxious before you started taking the medication? Because I have found that I have absolutely no relief, just bad and worse. Maybe Lexapro isn't right for you. Give it a few more weeks to build up in your system and maybe try something else. I heard Zoloft is great. I have a friend who has a friend that went through what we're going through and apparently Zoloft was her miracle drug. Lets keep in touch so that we can track each other's process. I think that would be good for the both of us because I have been losing a lot of my support also. They just don't understand what's going on.
Hi ashmarie;   How are you doing? What is your dizziness like, do you feel off balance like you're on a boat feeling. I believe mine is from anxiety, the lexapro is helping my anxiety. Still have dizziness but doesn't feel as bad as it use to, but still enough to annoy me:-( how long now have you had the dizziness. Most people that I have talked to never heard of anxiety with constant dizziness.  At least you know somebody that has come out on the other side of this misery.
Hi Adelle, still no relief.. I feel off balance like being on a boat, yes. I have had this for about 2 months now, although it feels like 2 years! All I've taken was Xanex which seems to take the edge off just a little but still very annoyed by this feeling as you are. I'm starting to become extremely depressed from this. I just keep thinking that I took my life for granted. I just hope this dizziness doesn't last forever!
Hi Ashmarie,how are you doing? Did you see the Neurologist yet ? I was meant to see The Ent but was too unwell with anxiety to go. So when i feel up to it i will have to force myself there.
Mine is bad to it feels like Iam on a boat. Its scarey to think that it will never go away.  I will be seeing a ENT in 2 weeks I hope that mine is coming from my sinusis and I can get meds to fix it but with my luck it will be this damn anxiety.  Try to relax your not alone alot of people have it, I think its this crazy life everyone has there is so much pressure on people to with working and paying bills .
Hi all.  I am 53 years old, and I was diagnosed with Anxiety at the age of 18.  That was the beginning of an adulthood full of new and unexpected anxiety disorders along the way, including the dizziness.  I started experiencing the dizziness in May of 1994 at the age of 34.  I had a stressful managerial position at the time, and found myself having to reach for the copier from my desk for balance, then back to my desk the same way.  I was so dizzy, I admitted myself to the emergency room just so I could see someone.  The ER doctor prescribed meclizine for vertigo, which did nothing.  I finally had to resign my position because my dizziness would not allow me to perform my duties.  My company was good enough to assign me a different factory position with less stress.  Like many of you I saw so many doctors.  An ENT specialist, a Neurologist, I had a CAT scan, and an MRI.  "Everything looked fine" I was told.  Neurologist said it was my anxiety, and "a figment of my imagination"  I doubt anyone of you that have experienced the dizziness believes it's in our imagination....seems Very Real to every one of us!  One doctor said "sometimes we just don't know why these things come about, and why they go away".  Actually he was the closest to correct in my situation.  In the fall of 1996, (28 months later) my dizziness went away about as fast as it came.  Don't know why, but what a relief that was.  Everything was fine until March of 2012, when for no reason I can think of, the dizziness reared its ugly head again.  This time it lasted for 55 days, only coming back for a day or two after that.  I keep a running log for my exercise program, and I also use it as a diary of which I often keep notes on how I'm feeling.... while also looking for a pattern.  I have yet to find a pattern.  I do know that a lack of sleep is the worst thing for my dizziness.  And as much as I hate to admit it, with all the tests, and all the "everything is normal" results, I believe that anxiety HAS to be the culprit.  I've been taking Clonazepam since 1988, which controls my anxiety, but can't seem to control the dizziness.  Now it's back again, and I swear it is worse than ever.  So now I wait, and I pray, and like all of you, try to find comfort in anything so soon I can hopefully feel "normal" again.  I thought my life was over at 34......I lived through that.  Then again last year.  I am going to beat this thing again.  I hope and pray that all of you find the peace and steadiness that we all desire and DESERVE.  One day of suffering like this is too much  Please don't ever give up.    
hi do u still suffer from dizzy and off balance spells im scared I have tumor cuz of it
Hi Lisa,

Just like you, I was convinced I had a tumor also.  I had a CAT scan done, and everything was normal.  Do a Google search on "Chronic Subjective Dizziness" for more information.  In that search, you will find more forums where people like you and I are complaining about the same kinds of things that we are.  I am convinced it is anxiety that is the root of all this dizziness.  Anxiety over a long period can do some very nasty stuff to us.  Easier said than done, but try and find ways to help reduce the anxiety in your life, and you should see the dizziness lessen as time goes on.  I still feel unsteady at times throughout the day, but I am feeling better than I did a month ago.  Good luck to you, and stay in touch.  
Anybody have advice for fast effective NATURAL REMEDIES for 24/7 Dizziness/anxiety please email me at ***@****.

im suffering for 3 years now.
I really don't know of any natural remedy that's fast, but working out at least every other day by getting your heart rate up for 30 minutes will help to reduce stress and anxiety.  I am convinced that a person suffering from this dizziness can find some peace by reducing stress in their life.  Through experience this is easier said than done.

Don't give up hope.  I have had 3 different bouts of this type of dizziness in the last 20 years. Each time after it seems to run it's course, it just goes away as unexplainable as it came.  Stress reduction is the key.

I hope you get feeling better.
I have had dizziness and some nausea with it for almost five months now.  I had two weeks at Christmas where i felt almost normal, but then it came back with a vengence.  Had every test imaginable.  Ears, brain and eyes okay, except they cannot explain why my vision got suddenly worse at the beginning of this back in september.  Had vestibular retraining even tho no apparent vestibular problem.  Seemed to help for a while. Still doing the exercises which dont really seem to help anymore.  Am taking low doses of meclizine and xanax  every few hours every day with occasional phenergan when the nausea seems bad.  I used to exercise five days a week.  Now i hate mornings because i know i will wake up dizzy.  And i wake up dizzy sometimes during the night too.  I am depressed and so anxious about living like this, that it may be forever.  I have acupuncture which helps for a few hours only, but its better than nothing.
I went to an upper cervical chiro in hopes that a messed up
neck might be the problem.  I will get the xray results on monday.  I am beginning to think this is chronic sujective dizziness.   It started after taking Bactrim for a sinus infection.  Six days on bactrim i lost my appetite, then started feeling bad, then on day ten woke up very dizzy and nauseous.  Was basically in bed for about 8 weeks.  An endoscopy found gastritis and esophigitis that the doc said was from the bactrim.  I thought when the stomach healed after several weeks on nexium that the nausea and dizzinesswould go away, but it didnt.
I was extremely stressed out when this happened because i was driving 600 miles every other week helping to take care of my daughter who was in chemo for her lymphoma and her very active three year old daughter.  Now i am left with this dizziness 24/7 and i dont even want to leave the house.  And i have to be so careful about what i eat because of the stomach issues   Please let me know what, if anything, helps make the dizziness go away.
I have been feeling dizzy off and on for years now. Last few months it has been worse. I dont know whether to call it dizzy or what. I have pressure behind my eyes when it happens. I can be doing nothing then all of sudden I feel like my eyes are wiggling all over the place and unstable. Then when that happens I get anxiety and feel real nervous. It does a lot know when I drive especially at night.  I cant talk to people long outside of home because I have all of this happen to me then.  I am scared to go back to work because I did a lot of holding onto my desk.
Somebody please help me with defining my problem..
Hi all,
I am in the same boat. I am 26/female with no other health issues, but has been consumed by headaches/dizziness.
Three years ago I was getting daily, one-sided headaches with no symptoms and after trying everything (massage therapy, chiropractor, physio therapy, allergy meds, anti-depressants, stronger painkillers) I was sent to a neurologist who ordered an MRI. Nothing came up so I was diagnosed with having muscular/stress related headaches. A year went by of suffering and than suddenly, they went away.I had a stressful year last year and had no headaches but the usual tension ones.

Now, its been a month and a half of the daily headaches plus a ton of symptoms-stabbing one sided head pain, burning sensations in my head, tingling, extreme pressure in head, burning down the back of my neck, nausea, feeling feverish without having a fever, extreme dizziness (mix of room spinning and wavy feeling, like I got off a boat) which lingers even with my eyes closed. I also feel like I am not in reality; like everything is foggy and dreamlike.
I went to my doctor who looked at my past diagnoses and told me I likely had some sort of bug mixed with a tension headache. He told me to take Tylenol. The feelings persisted and I ended up in the hospital for dehydration and they gave me migraine medications for the pain. The headaches and nausea were the persisting symptoms but than the constant dizziness became the main problem for me; I could not function. I went to see a nurse practitioner who was not sure what to tell me-she thought it could be an inner ear virus, could be persisting migraine episodes, could be vertigo. I had blood work done which ruled out thyroid issues, diabetes, etc. I saw a chiropractor for a month who assured me my back/neck was fine. I went to physio that ruled out the ear crystals causing vertigo. I took anti-congestion medication to help with the ear pressure; it did not. I usually take 6 extra strength Tylenol a day to take the edge off the headache but it does not work for anything else. Gravol for the nausea but it makes me drowsy.
When bad dizziness hits, I feel like I am having a panic attack. A voice in my head tells me I'm dying and my heart races, my face flushes and I feel sick. I have learned to calm myself down but it doesn't help the feeling my head is going to explode/I am going to fall over.
I want to see my neurologist again but they are reluctant to send you to specialists unless you have more severe symptoms, i.e. vision loss, motor loss, seizures,etc. I went to the eye doctor to rule that out too. No one treats it seriously, especially in my case when I had an MRI only 3 years ago but I cannot work, drive, etc.
Am going back to my doctor in a few days and will demand some sort of solution but I'm sure he's baffled. Sounds like alot of you suffer the same with no explanation. Perhaps its my inner year causing vertigo but I dont know.
Hi, I am 18. I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I have been dizzy for 4 months almost 24/7. I have an mri scheduled for tomorrow and I am very scared about it and dont know what to do anymore
Hi, I am 18 years old. I can relate to most of your symptoms. I am so happy i am not alone. I feel this weird thing in my head. It feels like my brain is on a boat and like i can't deal with it anymore. It has been 4 months. I went to ear nose throat doctor who did eng test and said my ears are normal. I had eye test, blood tests for hormonal imbalance. Apparently my prolactin hormone is high and my gynecologist told me the minute i walked in I think we found the reason for your dizziness. I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow because apparently a tumor in the pituary gland causes prolactin to go high. You should get your hormones checked too. I want this to go away. I cant do anything anymore. I dont want to go to college or do anything i am so tired emotionally, physically, mentally.
Hello fellow sufferers.  Our condition has a name- "Chronic Subjective Dizziness"  I am not a medical professional, but I feel like I'm getting more knowledgeable having gone through serious bouts of debilitating dizziness 3 different times in my life. I'm relieved to report that I feel much better, and nearly dizzy free for now.

Reading everyone's struggles is very sad, but each sufferer seems to strike some sort of familiarity with the next person.  We all may describe it a little differently, but each one of us has come here in search of answers, and unintentionally become part of a team that none of us wants to be on.  I would at least like to summarize  to all of you what has seemed to work for me:  

-Clonazapam for anxiety.
-Prozac for depression.
-Changed jobs to reduce stress.
-Bought and read the book "Peace From Nervous Suffering" by Dr. Claire Weekes.  I highly recommend this book.
-Identified that a lack of sleep worsens my dizziness.
-Control or eliminate as much stress in my life as possible.
-A loving, caring wife who can't possibly imagine what I go through, but offers support in any way she can.  Find someone you can lean on.

Good luck to all of you.  I pray you will all find some relief soon.  You are not alone, we are all in this together.  I thought this was going to kill me several different times, but somehow I made it through.  Please don't ever give up.

I hunted for years for the answer to fix my husband’s dizziness.  I was determined to find the very best!  I'm happy to report I found him!  

Maybe you have weird things happening with your balance, blurry vision, exhaustion, headaches, foggy headed, ringing in the ears, certain noises make your head feel like it's being rung like tweety bird in a bell, your eyes feel like they're dancing, some hear crunching through their feet or hear their own eye balls scratching.  All kinds of weird stuff!  When your sinuses flare up your symptoms may be worse.  You lose your train of thought, you can't figure stuff out because your brain feels like it's swimming and you’re always exhausted.  You never feel “grounded”.  The list goes on.  Everyone's symptoms are the same but different.  Yes, my hubby has been there.  You feel like you’re crazy and you feel alone because no one can physically "see" what you're going through.  Some days it's not so bad, other days it takes everything you've got to make it down the hall without falling.  Please read the following post.  I want people, such as yourself, to know that you do have an option.  You don't have to live with it, not ever knowing what exactly the problem is.  You don't know me, but I wish I could somehow get the point across that I have found the doc that can fix you!  

Here’s my post: Let me start by saying, I'm not one to give false hopes.  I am a realist. I spent a great deal of time hunting for solutions while my husband suffered with worsening dizziness, exhaustion, foggy headedness, blurry vision, noise sensitivity, etc. over the past several years.

Online I would see so many people suffering with the same issues and no REAL solutions were ever posted, at least not what we were looking for.  It seemed that people just disappeared after posting their desperate cries for help.  So I swore to myself that WHEN I found a solution (not "IF"), that I would post to the world what that solution was.  Every person is different and I cannot say for sure your problem is the same as my husband's, but I have found the doctor who, no matter what the cause of dizziness, will get to the bottom of it!

His name is Dr. Gerard J. Gianoli (he’s a neurotologist(?))

The Ear and Balance Institute
1401 Ochsner Blvd.
Suite A
Covington, Louisiana 70433
985-809-1111 (phone) http://www.earandbalance.net/Contact.html

It is rare that a doctor really impresses me, but this one is sharp as they come!  You can tell for sure the lights are on and someone is home!  

There is a big financial negative here though, he doesn't take insurance.  You have to pay for your services up front, and it's not cheap.  If you have health insurance, you can try to get reimbursed for some of it, but you have to file your own paperwork.  People literally come from all over the world to see him, he's that good!  When I say not cheap, depending on your condition, you might have to take out a second mortgage or cash in some 401K or have a really high credit limit card or a bunch of small ones.  There are some conditions that “feel” severe that can actually be treated for just a few hundred dollars though.  You will have to discuss your particular issues with the doc.  

We were broke, unemployed and scared that our only wage earner in the house (remember, I’m blind) wasn’t going to be able to work anymore because of the debilitating dizziness.  Besides, we had health insurance and it seemed silly to pay out of pocket when we have insurance!  We’d already been to a bunch of so-called “dizzy specialist” that did take insurance and had a gazillion tests run and had almost given up all hope of ever finding a cure.  

So when they started talking about how much it would cost just to do the testing, we were nervous about forking out the money.  But we were desperate as hell and the staff was quite impressive.  Ms Val sold me on Dr. Gianoli and I sold him to hubby (wasn’t easy after all he’d already been through for nothing).  We took the leap of faith, broke out the credit cards to finally find out what on earth was causing my 45yr old husband, otherwise in perfect health, to be so damned dizzy all the time.  (it just started out of the blue a few years ago, he went to pee and had to hold the wall to catch himself, been downhill ever since).  2 full days of testing later and we were told at the end of the 2nd day exactly what it was.  That was Mon and Tues.  By Friday we were back for surgery to actually cure the problem! Come to find out, it was a skeletal issue that typically manifests itself after 40yrs of age or so.  Most folks never have symptoms from it, but a few “special” people have the misfortune of symptoms.  I think of it like a balloon with a weak spot in it that eventually wears too thin to hold in the balancing fluids anymore and it starts leaking from that one spot, throwing everything off.  Kind of like the bubble of a construction level, never being able to find “level” but the body keeps trying.  Then when the body is so busy trying to balance itself 24/7, it steals energy and thought process from daily activities, thus the brain fog and extreme exhaustion all the time (symptoms are gone since surgery).  This doctor was the pioneer in discovering the condition.

While I was in the waiting room, I ran into other people with the same types of problems.  Some from a couple hundred miles away, some from thousands of miles away.  We told each other our sob stories and have kept in touch since.  It was nice to know we weren’t alone in our problems.  One guy even had sudden panic attacks and hand tremors to go along with his dizziness! But to no surprise, the doctor knew what was causing that too!  Some folks were miserably nauseous all the time and some couldn’t lay down horizontally.  

So if you’ve found this post and you are fed up with chasing doctors without answers and maybe even given up all hope of ever finding a solution, maybe you’re ready to take that leap of faith too.  We were lucky enough to only be 1 ½ driving hours away from him, other folks fly in from all over the world to see him.  I imagine the determining factor in whether you pick up the phone and do it depends on how desperate you are.  If you’re just coming into this problem and want to try everything else first (been there, done that),  I would suggest saving his contact information for future reference.  

We were fortunate enough to have credit cards to get it done, but others may have to have fund raisers, ask for church participation, beg family, etc.  How badly do you want an answer and how badly do you want to be cured?  That’s your call.  I’m just here to tell you where the tools are to (most likely) get your everlasting dizziness fixed once and for all!  I’m a firm believer in “where there’s a will, there’s a way”.  We’ve been having to cut back on stuff and be very frugal as we flirt with bankruptcy from the credit card debt, but it wasn’t a question of whether it was worth it!  It was mandatory!  What good is living if the quality of it *****?  Right?  IMO you can’t put a price on that!

He had the surgery and 6 weeks later he was back at work.  After a few months, his dizziness is GONE! He’s clear headed, has energy again, driving with confidence and he’s back to my normal old pain in the butt husband!! LOL

So, you don’t know me from Adam.  I’m just some person on the net who says she found the doc who has the answers  I’ll say it one last time, if you’re over it, call him.  You won’t be sorry you did.  Val is his office mgr and she can send you literature and explain the process and prices so you can think on it and start planning how to get the money and time together to do it.  

My ONLY motivation for posting this is to help people who are suffering through the same misery my husband did for so long.  If it only helps one person, then the time it took to write this was well worth it.

God bless!
How did your MRI go?
I have been taking amitriptyline for two weeks as perscribed by my neurologist as he thought it was migraines. He reminded me that you don't need a headache to have a migraine; it all comes down to the blood vessels in your brain and your hormone levels. The first week I felt horribly tired, even after taking them at night. I have been upping the dosage and my headaches have been reduced. My dizziness also seems a bit better but I am not sure if that is just my brain better adjusting to the state. I thought I might have labyrinthitis since it can last a lot longer than a doctor tells you and my symptoms seemed close to it. Visual stimuli still make it worse (i.e. going to a mall). I have been trying at home vestibular therapy and just taking it easy.
im am a sufferer of chronic anxiety disorder and its driving me nuts it has been causing daily dizziness as well  and it feels like its getting worse whenever i go to the doctors they always tell me exactly what i expect that its just im my head. im in grade 12 my last year and this dizziness has been effecting everything i had to quit my job and now do yr 12 over 2 years. but even thought im reliving some stress in my life its not helping! i cant seem to find a doctor in Australia that can help. my dizziness started when i needed new glasses and once i got them it continued and now its just getting worse due to anxiety. the prescription is correct but i think im just getting used to them as i had my old ones for 5 years! but i keep thinking to myself that this is affecting my life and it is as i cant concentration in school and im not doing the training for cycling. is there anyone that can help mee!!!
Ani,  New glasses can cause a little dizziness at first, but it is the anxiety that keeps the dizziness coming back day after day.  Clonazapam has helped to control my anxiety, and currently my dizziness is non-existent.  I would hope a doctor that says it is "just in your head" will prescribe you medication that will give you some relief.  Three separate times I have had the worst dizziness a person could have, but I have managed to get through with the help of medication and counseling.  I pray the same will happen for you.  Good luck.  
Hello!
I've had (have them now too) exact same symptoms. I had them first in my teens and saw all possible doctors, had all the tests done, brain scan, blood tests, ECG..everything..One doctor even told me I was just too sensitive and need to grow thicker skin and not be such a cry baby...that said after I was depressed and suicidal after almost a year of constant dizziness and panic..I still managed to graduate from high school...but those months are like a nightmare memory for me now. The only doctor who basically saved me was a homeopath...he prescribed some of their sugar pills and in a week I was completely fine..I couldnt even believe it. Been 100% free from symptoms for 15 years
Now..many years later with no symptoms whatsoever it comes again after some stress...I have seen my GP, and seeing a homeopath next..I strongly believe that is the only thing that helps quick and gives your life back...then I just need to be more careful and manage my stress better
I just wish all the people who suffer from this to be strong and positive and support each other!
Guys, after just few days of that horror I saw my homeopath and she gave me Aconitum 200 a homeopathic remedy for anxiety. After 3 days and only 2 granules taken I am a whole new person :) it's amazing! I recommend you try homeopathy ..it wont harm but chances that it will help you are high! :)) I'm so happy now
Jade59 commented on 10356's status
10356 My Sister has passed on.. ... Comment
abby32886 joined this community
Welcome them!