Anxiety Community
.25mg Alprazolam

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

.25mg Alprazolam

I'm prescribed .25mg of Alprazolam for intense anxiety attacks. I'm not prescribed to take them daily only when I'm having the anxiety attack but last night I was feeling rather antsy and couldn't sleep so I took one to calm down and this morning when I woke up, I hadn't eaten but I needed to get out of the house for an interview and was having some anxiety about the interview so I took another pill to calm the nerves. So within the last 24 hours I've definitely taken more than I normally do. If anything I take Xanax less than once a month. What I'm trying to get at is - right now, out of the blue, I'm feeling very fatigued, light headed, fever-ish and feel like I'm shaking from the inside but at the same time I feel like I might be having a slight panic attack. I don't know if my symptoms are because the xanax is wearing off or if I'm suffering from side effects. I know I'm not overdosing because the bottle says "take one tablet every 4 hours as needed" but I didn't even take that much. I am kind of freaked out and probably causing myself to have another anxiety attack but I definitely don't want to take anymore xanax. I don't really know what to do or why I feel like this. I felt fine all day until about an hour ago. Could it be because I'm not used to taking 3 pills in a 24 hour period and/or I'm coming down from the them?
I take xanax .25 on an as needed basis. That is a very low dose and if 3 is all you took it should not be from the xanax that you are feeling panicky. I would talk with your doctor and tell them how you feel and see what they think. I average about 4 a month. I have to really have bad anxiety for me to  have to take one. If I am just a little panicky I talk myself out of it and it usually works then I dont need to take the xanax. My anxiety is really bad right before my period. Thats when I usually take them, and I can take them somewhat close together and not have any more problems from withdrawl (withdrawal). Maybe because your body is not use to the amount that you took. I am like you I don't want to have to take a xanax at all.

Hang in there you'll be o.k
I am the same, I hate taking medicine,  but if it helps the anxiety and calms you down and it helps you, you  should take as directed for you to over come these horrible anxiety attacks and they will control any future anxiety
i've just been perscirbed xanax .25mg to take twice daily i have panic attacks very often and I've noticed that a couple of you would rather not take it could you post why you prefer not too? im worried, my doctors have tried lots of different medications to help with the panic attacks and anxiety.... is this a bad drug?
TinaR10 commented on KeeLolo's status
CRSeaside commented on photo
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...