Anxiety Community
3 mg Lunesta, 1 mg. Xanax and now 15 mg. of Remeron????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

i am currently on short term leave from work due to GAD and forms of panic disorder.  My main problem was insomnia sleep maintenance.  Tried Ambien, Ambien CR and Seroquel.  to no avail.  saw a sleep specialist and he put me on both seroquel to be taken with Lunesta.  it all went downhill from there.  to make a long story short, this is when i started having panic attacks.  So it was time for me to take some time off of work and see a psychiatrist, since that is what the ER physician recommended.  

My 1st psyc put me on 10 mg. of lexapro and 30 mg of temazepan and it was HORRIFYING.  every second of the day was a freaking nightmare as i thought i was going go nuts and just lose it.  it was horrible.

Just saw my NEW and compassionate psychiatrist for the 2nd time today.  Initially i was taking Xanax and lunesta at the same time with mixed results.  So now, her NEW prescription is stated in the above subject line.

and my question is, is this a safe a cocktail?  how am i going to feel with taking the 15 mg. of remeron AT THE SAME TIME AS THE XANAX AND LUNESTA?????

thanks for your time.  

i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and i ALMOST there.  i am just a little skeptical on taking this stuff on top of what i am taking.

thanks again.

-Me
Welcome to the world of being a pharmaceutical guinea pig!

You asked how you were going to feel taking the remeron, Xanax and Lunesta at the same time. Sorry, but I have no idea. Even if I had ever taken that combo before, how it made me feel might be totally different than how you feel. The only way you'll know is to try it.

You also asked if it was a safe coctail. Giving your p-doc the benefit of the doubt, I'll go ahead and say that it's probably fine. If you really want to make sure, call your local pharmacist, who is a DOCTOR of pharmacology, and ask him/her. They will also be able to give you a very good idea of how it's going to make you feel.

Perhaps going to a sleep lab to find out why you're having difficutly sleeping would be something to look into..........you started out with "simple" insomnia and now you're taking an antidepressant, an antianxiety AND a sleeping med!
Get off the roller merry-go-round while you still can.
I wish you the very best
Peace
Greenlydia  

You also asked if it was a safe cocktail. Giving your p-doc the benefit of the doubt, I'll go ahead and say that it's probably fine. If you really want to make sure, call your local pharmacist, who is a DOCTOR of pharmacology, and ask him/her. They will also be able to give you a very good idea of how it's going to make you feel.

Get off the merry-go-round while you still can.
I wish you the very best
Peace
Greenlydia  
Im curently taking 3mg lunesta with 2mg xanax with 15 mg remron. It works most of the time, but it's not consistant with me. I've had it work once perfectly and the next day was great! Since then I've been fighting the battle again trying to sleep, even with the meds, either they work or don't, or the next day I just feel horrible. I hope you find what you are searching for.
Well, thank God, but my cocktail bot changed up.  it too was very inconsistent like SILVIA95GUY'S.  however the side effects were unbearable.  i had EXTREME drowsiness as well as a VERY HEIGHTENED SUGAR CRAVING AND INCREASED APPETITE.  The most disturbing side effect was I WAS HAVING SEVERE IRRITABILITY AND AGITATION TOWARDS MY CHILDREN AS WELL AS WITH LIFE.  that was enough.  so the psychiatrist agreed with me.  so currently my cocktail for the past few days has been the following:  12.5mg ambien CR, 9 MG of melatonin and 100 MG trazedone,   i have gotten 3 outta 4 nights of great rest.  the night i had a bad night of rest was due to a point my psychiatrist made to me.  

i was waiting and anticipating for the medication to kick in.  if it did not kick after an hour, then my sleep anxiety would kick and then there goes my night.  its like waiting for a bus she side.  if the bus does not get there on time, then i don't get to my other destination on time which throws the rest of the day outta whack and so on and so on.  its a chain effect.  the WHAT IFS.  WHAT IF i don't get to sleep again, then i will feel like crap again.  then WHAT IF i feel like crap then i will probably not be able to go to the gym, etc.  

what i have found, as she suggested and would be the MOST CHALLENGING part was the mental focus on sleep itself.  i have NOT been thinking of sleeping and making sure i am ready to go down for sleep before i even go to bed.  i am giving myself ample time to wind down through about 30-35 minutes of meditation w/music, read for about 10-15 minutes, then i will take my meds, then i will read again till my eyes begin to close on me without me being able to control it.  then its time for me to go right to bed, focus on my breathing and thats it.  all along, the key is to NOT focus on the medication kicking and to NOT focus on falling asleep.  it is said much easier then done, but for the past couple of night, it has been proven to me as possible.  

Good luck and thanks for the replies.  
Well i forgot to mention I also take adderall (adderrall) as well. But I have experienced a few of the side effects you have mentioned. I know about the increace in appitite, but along with adderall (adderrall) it stays under control. I have noticed for myself as far as the remron goes it does drag in to the next day, but as again with the adderall (adderrall) it helps me with my mood and depresion in the mornings. but thats just for me I can't speak for anyone else. I hope the best for you and that you find something that works.
I also do the same with the music and winding down with meditation and control breathing before bed; not always; but I find it does help with calming the mind down.
Hi, welcome to the forum, Lunesta with xanax will help you to reduce the anxiety and as well as help you to maintain the sleep. Rameron is an anti depressant which will help to control the panic reactions and depression. When the three drugs are combined, there seems to be no harmful interaction known.

You may also need sleep hygiene education, stimulus control, relaxation, sleep restriction, cognitive therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, phototherapy, and chronotherapy. These therapies can be prescribed by clinicians at any level but it can be better implemented by sleep specialist.

Hence, combining these drugs will not be a point of concern. Moreover you are under therapy from a psychiatrist. The dose changes are needed, if you are encountering side effects. Take care and regards.
kennydd joined this community
Welcome them!
18 mins ago
Embrace123 commented on 5. CNN article about...
52 mins ago
4Maddie44 commented on photo
1 hr ago