Anxiety Community
35 year old son yells and makes threats

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

35 year old son yells and makes threats

I am at my wits end. MY other younger adult kids and I moved in toether with my oldest son and his wife. Sometimes my son goes off on me and I really dont need to explain why because it is always for something. Periodically if something is said concerning him between my daughter in law and myself she tells him and all hell breaks loose. I have come to realize I ned to keep quiet to her about things that bother me concerning him. She is preagnant and is telling him that I am stressing her out when I mention something. Funny thing is she agrees with me and tends to have the same issues with him as I do. Today he yelled at me and as always says hutful things. I feel Like I hate him and I just want to distants myself from them because I am sick of the drama. He also threatened me that I need to shut up or he just may get to a point where he may hit me or kill me. He also tells me that if anything happens to the baby he will blame me. I was happy before they came out to Calif from Nevad last Nov because of the distance betwen us. I want to go to Vegas with them but after I get a better job I want to live alone. He has some serious issues and needs meds which he wont take and makes everyones life hell. I do not know what to do other than distance myself from them. that makes things uncomfortable living in the same apartment.
I have never heard a mother say that she feels like she hates her child, but if that is truly how you feel, and he treats you as awfully as you are saying he does, I would suggest trying to find another place to live.  Clearly the environment you are living in is toxic for all involved.  It also sounds like there are at least five of you living there, and a baby on the way.  That is pretty tight quarters for an apartment, and hard to have much space from one another.
newyorklover001 joined this community
Welcome them!
46 mins ago
Health Insurance Companies Seek Big...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
melimeli commented on spider6's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms