Anxiety Community
7 months of vivid dreams won't stop!

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

7 months of vivid dreams won't stop!

I was placed on wellbutrin xl about 3 years ago (I was taking care of my aunt who was a hospice patient - she had raised me and it was really bringing the depression to a head).  I was dignosed with ADD/ADHD/OCD in early 06 and basically refused to take ritalin (really worried about the side effects)so I  just delt with it until this February/March I was placed on effexor xl and then in June or so I was also placed on lamictal.  Basically I have had these very vivid dreams which started about the time I started taking the effexor and lamictal.  These dreams are NOT happy fuzzy bunny dreams either.  I just neeed to know could the combo of all of these be causing this.  I think they are taking a bigger toll on my sanity than the ADD etc.

Tags: Anxiety
well i dont have any experiance with these meds but what i do know is that if you are concerned about the dreams and it enough to bother you you should really tell your doctor about this. it more than likely is a side effect of one or the combination of the meds. just talk to the doctor and they can help. or call a pharmasist at the local drug store they would be better to help to. good luck
I know vivid dreams, that aren't pleasant, can be a side effect of Paxil, so I would assume they can be a side effect of other drugs.  I agree with the above poster.  You should call your doctor or pharmacist.  Maybe a change in antidepressant would stop the vivid dreams.  Good luck.
Right now i am on Clonzepam and Zoloft; for an anxiety disorder i developed from taking pretasone for a rash (poison ivy). Ever since then I've been dealing with very very VIVID dreams. It's not like they are horrible nightmares to where I wake up, they are just very descriptive, colorful, and real. Sometimes I dream and wake up not knowing if i had that conversation or something. Regardless, my doctor says it's just a side effect of my medication and that it shouldn't be a problem. But when you are dreaming things that are sooo messed up, how is it not a problem? Regardless of what my doc said, I would talk to your doctor again. And keep me posted on what they say because I have the same problem!
slowdive88 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Sugar Craving
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms