Anxiety Community
ADD vs. Anxiety?
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ADD vs. Anxiety?

Has anyone ever been misdiagnosed as bipolar or with anxiety when in reality they have attention deficit disorder, maybe with a combination of depression. I feel like I might be ADD rather than bipolar. I took a test online and it said I score high for likely ADD. Anyone have any thoughts?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
154765 tn?1237251544
That is a good quiestion.......Sometimes I wonder myself if I have ADD......Alot people ask me if I do but I always say anxiety.......
Blank
my family doctor recently had me see a therapist for further diagnosis but while i was waiting she had me on meds for bipolar, it turns out i am highly ADD. if you think you might be i would suggest seeing someone specifically trained in the feild.
Blank
410557 tn?1204860365
i was diagnosed with anxiety years ago, not only was i later diagnosed with hypothyroid but with ADHD as well so yes in my opinoin ADHD mimics bipolar 100%
Blank
anxiety and depression are two side effects from ADD.  i know i have ADD and as a adult i have never been treated for it- just have to try to focus that much harder.  i'm currently on meds for anxiety and depression and i'm wondering if i'm starting backwards.  should i be getting treament for the ADD first and then see if the anxiety and depression continue.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
Blank