Aa
A
A
Close
ADD vs. Anxiety?
Has anyone ever been misdiagnosed as bipolar or with anxiety when in reality they have attention deficit disorder, maybe with a combination of depression. I feel like I might be ADD rather than bipolar. I took a test online and it said I score high for likely ADD. Anyone have any thoughts?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
154765 tn?1237251544
bip
That is a good quiestion.......Sometimes I wonder myself if I have ADD......Alot people ask me if I do but I always say anxiety.......
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
my family doctor recently had me see a therapist for further diagnosis but while i was waiting she had me on meds for bipolar, it turns out i am highly ADD. if you think you might be i would suggest seeing someone specifically trained in the feild.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
410557 tn?1204860365
i was diagnosed with anxiety years ago, not only was i later diagnosed with hypothyroid but with ADHD as well so yes in my opinoin ADHD mimics bipolar 100%
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
anxiety and depression are two side effects from ADD.  i know i have ADD and as a adult i have never been treated for it- just have to try to focus that much harder.  i'm currently on meds for anxiety and depression and i'm wondering if i'm starting backwards.  should i be getting treament for the ADD first and then see if the anxiety and depression continue.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy "Turn your desert of loneli... Comment
2 hrs ago
2010625 tn?1329375656
Blank
Amy4891 Doing better with my psycho... Comment