ADHD Aggression
Hi everyone, My son is taking medication for his ADHD.  He has been on this for about 3 1/2 years.  He is 12 years old.  He sometimes would have a complete meltdown when I would leave him for football practice.  I couldn't take it anymore, so I allowed him to quite.  Lately, he has flat out refused to his assignments in school and other days if does them just fine.  I think he is also in the midst of puperty,(he has had full armpit hair since he was 9 years old).
What do I do???? I fear that this could get out of hand.  He is a good student, on most days.
While I can understand your concern and anxiety regarding your son, I have two suggestions. First I suggest you get your son back in front of a doctor or psychologist who truly understands this disorder and secondly, I strongly urge you to check out the ADHD Forum where you will get, what I believe, is better support, advice and comfort than we can give you here. There ARE people here on the Anxiety Forum with ADHD, and they will hopefully respond to you, but in the meantime, please go to the ADHD Forum. If you do not feel they can help YOU deal with this, post again and we'll give you what support we can.
I wish both your son and you the very best
Peace
Greenlydia