Anxiety Community
ANY ONE HAVE HYPOCHONDRIA/ANXIETY OVER FEAR OF BRAIN TUMOR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

hi guys i wrote above also but i am now asking or looking for another person who has anxiety or hypochondria over a brain tumor. i go to a phcyciatrist tomm but im trying to see what kind of fears others went through. and see if they were just like me swearing i had a brain tumor despite no real syptoms (symptoms) just my mind telling me...

any stories or thoughts are appreciated

thanks
yea man i am the same way i am constantly thinking i have a brain tumor in the back of my head. but i do have symptoms of it. like headaches and nausea, barometric pressure changes in ears. but if you dont have any symptoms of it then why worry? i have a couple of the symptoms thats why i worry about it but man if you dont have any symptoms of it than theres no reason to worry. just try and think positive thats what everybody tells me.
Oh YES, YES, YES!!!!  I definitely thought I had a brain tumor...I got a CAT scan which was clear...well, I wasn't satisfied...BEGGED for an MRI.....they finally approved me for it just to shut me up....That was clear also...so then I moved onto LUPUS, MS, HIV....ETC.  It was a vicious cycle....Anxiety will grab onto anything and make you crazy!  The sooner you accept it as anxiety, the sooner you will be able to put ;your fears to rest...best to you!!!
Hey, let me tell you my story. (Sorry if my spelling is bad)

Im 17 years old and about 5 years ago i began expierenceing symptoms of deasieses that were physicly impossible for me to have. Heart symptoms, lukemia symptoms, tumor symptoms everything you can name ive worried over. Ive ben to doctors who think im crazy at this point.

Currently, i am in a huge anyuresm/tumor scare due to random little zap like pains in my head and these odd "wet" feelings that feels like theres water behind my skull. I can NEVER be happy, but sometimes i get little bouts of joy that seem to go as fast as they came where i say "Boy i feel like going a car ride!" then i tell myself "Nah forget it you're probably going to die soon anyway". Then i get depressed and get more pains. It seems to be a never ending cycle.

My point is this: Ive posted this and manny of my other symptoms on manny manny forums for anxiety  and there was a jaw dropping ammount of people who had the same things. The lists that you find on websites of so called "Symptoms" aren't even 5% of them that you may have. There is an overwhelming ammont of expierences/fears/pains that you can get from anxiety and depression. For a pretty good list go to "anxietycentre.com" and click their symptoms page.

I hoped this help, if you (Or anyone for that matter) needs to talk more, EMail me at ***@****

-Dave.
Yes Yes I think i'm the biggest hypocondriac you will ever meet.  Every little pain I get I find myself on the google search engine looking it up.  But since I've read that if you have a brain tumour or anurisom you get headaches as a symptom which i dont get I have stopped worrying about that.  I hate the feeling of being dizzy, and passing out. But I no that im not going to pass out because if I havent passed out before why would I now.  I have just found out I have enemia due to lack of iron I got my period today and felt like I was going to go down in a heap.  1 glass of strong cordial and 3 red frogs has solved that problem.  Maybe us hypocondriacs just read to much about symptoms and things.  I know I need to stop doing it.  Try not to worry yourself, its all normall.
I'm a hypochondriac, too.  I used to fear cancer, brain tumors (I have had the MRI, too - clear), then moved on to fearing heart arrhythmias, MS, and now I am scared I'm going to have a heart attack.  This has been a life-long thing with me.
Wow i guess i have the same problem about a brain tumor... I thought i was the only person alone whitch made things worse. But i havnt gone for a cat scan just yet. sorta nervice to go lol
Hey, im 19 & im the biggest hypocrendtic ever. i always think im dying or i have something wrong. whenver i get a little pain i worry. so dont worry your DEF NOT ALONE!! and your NOT dying. dont worry : ) its just in your head.
I completely relate to you all... yesterday I was at my yearly convinced I had ovarian cancer and got a clean bill of health.  But tonight I'm convinced I've got some sort of debilitating neurological disease.  It's a vicious cycle, isn't it guys?  I obsess about everything, but it used to be worse.  I would have panic attacks over stomach pain or a tooth ache, thinking it was a cancer or a heart attack.  I'm 28.. too young for this **** anyway!  And all the doctors I've seen think I'm nuts, not to mention my friends and family.  I feel like a joke.. people actually make fun of me.  

Anyway, I'm hoping with time this gets better.. and I think it will.  
YER LOADS my 13 yr old daughter is absolutly convinced she has a brain tumour ive had her to 5 doctors and 4 nurses she has been examined and has had a blood test but still she thinks she has a brain tumour just because she gets shooting pains in her head dailey.she gets so worried she doesnt eat which worries me and nearly makes herself sick she always has bad thoughts like she gets horrible images of a surgien drilling in her head then her getting chemo for a brain tumour. its so awful she cries alot and beggs me to take her to the doctors. at the moment she is seeing a phyciatrist for anxiety but she says its not anxiety and she has a brain tumour that the doctor hasnt noticed. she hates going to school now and complains of dizziness and faintness and shooting pains in her head everyday?
I am 19 years old and when I was about 13, I used to get these shooting pains in my head which absolutely convinced me that I had a brain tumor. I used to cry about it everyday and beg my mother to take me to the doctors. Unfortunately for my mom, there was little she could do to comfort me and I know that bothered her a lot. The thing that probably helped me the most was completely getting my mind off of the topic all together (which was hard, trust me) but eventually when I started having fun, I completely forgot about the pains and the fear I had been feeling. It was a battle I fought for a long time, but eventually it stopped. My mother noticed that I always got the pains in my head when I was upset about something, such as my parents divorce or a bad day at school.  I was recently diagnosed with depression and hypochondria and am now getting treatment for it, something that I know I should have gotten help for a long time ago. I still get this horrible fear that I have a brain tumour or some other dehibilitating disease but it comforts me to know that I am not alone.
I do not worry about brain tumors just about my heart.  And blood clots....
I also use a site that helps a lot...

www.anxietyzone.com

they have a special forum for "hypos" like me...
Yes! I worry all the time that I have something wrong with me, escpecially a brain tumor. I have weird symptoms. I get dizzy, lightheaded, forgetfulness, disorientation, headaches, blurry vision..you name it. I have told my doctor all this and he seems to think it's related to anxiety. I have not had an MRI or anything done because he doesn't feel that it is anything serious. I don't believe it's anxiety and I'm convinced there is something seriously wrong with me. I know anxiety can cause do alot of strange things but I think I would feel better knowing that I don't have a brain tumor or something else. I've also experienced the shooting pains in my head and also noticed that I got these when really stressed or tired. I also have muscle twitching, numbness, tingling in my hands and legs. I have a dr appt tomorrow and feel that he is going to tell me the same thing. Your not alone.
Ohhh yesss i do! Today i woke up with a pain in the top of my head so i was worried! But i just kept saying to myself i'm fine, i was also worried before i went to bed last night cos i was thinking about things so i woke up with a headache anyway which made me feels worse. My doctor always tells me the majority of people who suffer from the physical symptoms of anxiety will at one point get the headaches and head sensations, theres a variety that you can experience, you just have to not think about it and tell yourself your fine.
My head sensations have calmed down because i've calmed down, i used to have a feeling like something was crawling under my head like in my skull, weird flutters, itchy scalp, pain in random places on my head, everything really.
It's horrible i know =/
x
Yes Im Only 16 And Yet Convinced I Have A Brain Tumor , I Have No Symptoms Really Apart From Bad Memory Sometimes . Yet Im To Scared To Go To The Doctor Cause I Think I Have It And Will Die
Me too! mines heart problems! i know there is nothing wrong with my heart as i have had tests, but im still convinced im ill! so, has any one ever got over these feelings? or will i have to live with them forever?
i am so glad to have found this website!

even as i type here, i am constantly obsessing over my health.  ever since i was fourteen or fifteen, when my sister's best friend was diagnosed with hodgkin's lymphoma.  i was convinced for six or seven months i had it -- i experienced pains in my neck and under my armpits, where i knew there were lymphnodes.  those went away after awhile because i eventually figured i'd have been having other symptoms.

also, i've always had irregular periods and when it came down to visiting the OB/GYN, for a few months beforehand i was convinced i had ovarian cancer.  results came back with a clean bill of health.  this put my worries to ease.

however, a few months ago my brother's best friend shot himself.  i was okay for a couple months but lately, i have been experiencing dizzy spells, which has me downright convinced i have a brain tumor.  i've also been dealing with an awful lot of anxiety -- to the point where i feel like my mind and body are completely disconnected.

i feel so alone!  i feel like, because i'm convinced i have a brain tumor, i've been experiencing these strange dizzy spells.  i don't have headaches, or nausea, or really any other symptoms but i still can't shake this feeling.  i've been doing some self-reflecting lately though and it seems i experience these "physical symptoms" right after something traumatic happens.  which gives me the idea that this all just the stress from what occurred manifesting itself as physical pain.  i've always been a "deal with your own problems" advocate so it's difficult admitting to my mother i need to see a therapist.  i don't want to feel this way anymore!  it's good to hear other people are enduring the same thing though.  so this gives me hope.
I never had hypo problems until my mom died when I was 15. But ever since then...man, I must be driving my doctor insane. I hadn't seen him for a while, and then I had the flu and got over it. After that I had a migraine headache for the first time in my life (that lasted for like two weeks) and swore up and down I had a tumor. I still have these little twinges in my head and feel a little nauseous (especially on the bus/subway) but otherwise I feel okay. Back when it started up I had this weird feeling of not being connected to my body..I don't really know how to describe that.  I'm still buggin' especially when every time I turn on the TV somebody's talking about brain cancer. It's scaring the bejeebus outta me!
But I dunno, I guess it's vaugely comforting to know "hey other people who are freaking out like you are going through the exact same thing!"
hey people i just read all your things! i am one of you and i know all your symptoms! all of u that have written here have had a stressed situation and maybe that situation "have put" your life at risk ! lol! its not like that brothers! It has pass about one year that i had a cannabis cigarette and make me feel like i would be dead and i would go crazy! it was just a panic attac. but i did not believe that so i went to a hundred doctors with a lot of symptoms and they just wanted to make me to beleive that my health was perfect! but no... i was afraid having any tumor or being schizophrenic cause they were making me mad! browsing the net was my only illness lol! i read  a lot on net and i believed that i had a hundred illnesses and so i was in total panic! i could not focus my eyes and i focused in a littttttle thing and i was just continuing seeing there, i have (in this moment) dizziness, tinitus, headache and i have thought that these are the symptoms of a tumor! but i didnt no take any cat or mri! once i was browsing ans normaly the google lol! i just found a thoughts illness that was called HYPERCHONDRIASIS i do not know if u know this but i will explain in a few words! it just a worry about your health that makes u thnk that u have a serious illness and you would die but nooooooooo people! all u people that has these syptoms (symptoms) about 6 months and continue to worry do not panic cause it just that kind of hyperchondriasis ( damn it when it is born lol). and do u know what is the real risk of this hyperchondriasis? just your money goes away from you and u spend a lot in your docs and in those laboratory! i am from albania in southeast of europe and this has take a lot money from me and now i am happy in knowing that i have not to worry anymore! just life your life brothers! and smth else. whenever ur thoughs controls you u have to say with yourself or with loud just "stoppppppppppppppppp" that makes me feel good! so do not panic! b happy brothers and i think that u are happy that in this world there is someone that suffers from the same syptoms (symptoms)! i know that ... lol!
OH my, about 4 years ago i started feeling faint lightheaded, when my friends and i went for walks i would pass out and then get back up. i thought it was dehydration or because of the heat/sun . so i ignored it. a few months later i started getting hard to breath sometimes, people just thought it was nothing or a side affect of the pills i was taking. i would get dizzy spells and fainting became more frequent. i finally  went to the hospital but it was by myself  and the doctor was being sturn and rude to me so i just left when he said he wanted to give me a blood test. i was scared. i had my sister take time off work the next day to take me to the family doctor. he said he wanted me to wear a heart moniter and get some xrays of my chest after the weekend.
     durring the weekend i felt way worse and went to a diffrent doctori let them do some blood work. (i was the biggestHYPERCHONDRIact about needles i thought air would get in my blood, or my vein wouldnt heal and i would bleed to death in my sleep)
    i am so happy i got ti done though. and it didnt hurt, i just didnt like the idea. well i got pulled out of school and went to the doctors office for a serious meeting with the doctor. turns out my red blood cell count was 7.2 when its suppost to be 12-14 the doctor couldnt believe i was even walking w/o passing out. he wanted me to get emergency blood transfusions. it was so scarry. but because of my fear i refused treatment and decited to take serious iron pills istead.
     now i have tmj and i am convinced i have a brain toumor some days when its bad. i just need a reality check so i read some stories online and feel better. i still want an MRI or a CAT SCAN witch there suppost to do for TMJ anyway.
     I also get these shooting pains in my head just about everyday and have since i was about 12. i dont think it means anything  though. my husband says he has them to. i guess its normal.
My mom also has schizophrenia bad. so i try to keep in touch with reality so i dont end out loosing it. so i have to rember its TMJ not a brain toumer.
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum - found it in desperate search for anything to comfort myself. I read all the posts and cried, couldn't believe how many people suffer from the same madness as I. Has anyone ever found a way out of this?

I am a victim of extreme naivety and the double-life that my husband has led for several years. Unfortunately, I proved to be weaker than I knew. My trauma has had profound impact on the state of my mental health. It all began a few years back, when I passed out for no apparent reason. Then, it happenned over and over again. I've experienced all forms of panic, depression, psychosomatic disorders, sudden onsets of dark fear, comlete loss of self-confidence, ... you name it. I have learnt to live with suffering. Of course, there are days when I am ok. But on other days I get terrible migraines.

To cut a long story short, after the endless days, months, years of suffering alone and struggling to stay conscious at my job I was convinced I had brain tumor. Just like everyone else I've seen many doctors, went through all those nightmarish check-ups and mental self-flagellation. I didn't have tumor but was diagnosed with extreme anxiety. Boy, how angry I was when one doc after another told the same thing. Angry because what I felt was real: I was so convinced that I could lead myself to dizziness and physical pain. Then something good happenned in my life, and I met a person who made me very happy. I forgot all about tumor **** for several months - a personal record!

Unfortunately, my fears are back. I've had killer headaches for weeks.  Yesterday was the worst because I was taking money from the ATM and fet the world swing sidewards, I felt consumed by darkness and virtually pulled myself out of this by calling my own name out loud. Keeping myself in vertical position put lots of pressure on my heart, and I felt like burning from the inside. I barely made it home breathless and spent all afternoon crouched on the bed in despair. All night I saw dreams of death and destruction. I found this forum because I want to know what and how people do to pull themselves from this. Has anyone succeeded in learning to ignore their fears? How to start thinking positively? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I can't believe it. I guess what everyone's saying is somewhat comforting, but the fear is still there. I do get blurry vision. Headaches for two years. I hear that watery sensation in the back of my head, the stabbing quick pains in my head, and migraines. Everyone tells me i'm always sick, or i'm just always in a bad mood. Pessimistic. They tell me i WANT to be sick. I don't understand this at all. I don't want to be sick. It's the last thing i want to be. I'm so tired of dealing with these symptoms. I feel like it's all i think about now. It's consumed my every day life. Panic attacks. Fear. I'm only 15. I hope i find a way to deal with it. It just makes you feel so alone.
Oh yes i have felt like i have had brain tumor my head started hurting out of nowhere didn't know what was happening scared the **** out of me went to the ER well come to find out its because of anxiety its called a tension headache they ran a cat scan on me everything came back fine so that relieved me a little bit from worrying so much about me having a brain tumor.But if you have concerns then maybe you need to go see a Doc and get checked and make sure its not serious...
I couldn't help but laugh a bit while reading these responses, only because I've been going through the exact same thing, and if I don't laugh I'll probably cry. First I was convinced I had HIV, and freaked out to the point where I was convinced I was having AIDS symptoms. Everything came back clear. Then I was convinced I was having heart problems, but blood tests, a chest X-ray, EKGs and an echo have all come back normal.

NOW I'm getting headaches and a tingling in my right leg, and have moved on to thinking I have a tumor or am on the verge of a stroke. I'm now obsessed with getting a CT scan and MRI, but I'm honestly not even sure I need one. I think I'm going crazy!
I know this is old but yes i always worry i have this cause i had the symptoms still do but i have had them for afew months and touch wood im fine it just drives you crazy, do not use google you can create your own symptoms by googling, its really bad.

Ive cried loads thinking i have this but many people assure me its just anxiety as my age my hormones are ragin but its hard to believe i know.
Just see how it goes i think you will be fine i'm told these things are rare and doctors can do miracles these days. Just calm and take a breath sit back and relax i know i can't and you probably can't but us people need to try..

All the Best
Paul.
Where do i start! I too was conviced for over 4 yearss that i had a brain tumor.... headaches, to migranes (migraines) for 2 years constantly.... went to dr after dr... all said ur fine.... Then inbelieveably in 07 my best friend was diagnosed with what else than a BRAIN TUMOR.... I couldnt believe it... She had it removed and is ok.... but of course now i was even more sdcared of it.... than earlier last year 09.... I started to hear wierd clicking sounds in my ear.... at first i didnt think much of it.. then my right ear started to get plugged all the time.... than the other... i would  get such intense pressure and pain... i thought i was dying.. i went to the dr many times and she couldnt figure it out finally sent me to an EMT.... the emt said i was fine... and that it was prob TMJ.... 'I wasnt satisfied with that and it had become so bad i started to experience reallly intense anxiety attacks.... so I continued goint to emerg... 3x when finally they gave me a cat scan.... to what i thought would bring relief it was clear no tumor.... but at this point i had built up so much anxiety and now depression that getting that answer i had waited for for so long didnt even phase me.... if it wasnt a tumor than wtf is this.... i started to get even worse anxiety... to the point that i was experiencing depersonalization (the most scariest feeling to me in the wIorld')  i started calling coucellors and no one could get me in for 2 nonths.... well this sent me into depression... i wouldnt move didnt wannna get out of bed.... so finallly i went on anti anxiety anti depression meds (venlofaxine) I hate taking meds so it was extreamly hard for me.... i took 37.5 ml (supposed 2 be double but experienced 'brain zaps' so i stayed to just one cap) for a month... honestly i think the dose was 2 low to reallly help me... i think redirecting my thoughts made me better..... so I stopped taking it.... a few weeeks later i start to focus on death and sickness agailn... almost as if im not worrying about it Im scared im gunna die.. like if i feel relaxed then my hearts gunna stop.. sounds silly i know... i now have tinglyness in my left side hand and lower leg.... i keep telling myself its from anxiety... but the coo coo hypocondriac i am wants to think I have MS... let me tell u after i got the clear CAT scan i went onto thinking i was going to have a heart attack to lung cancer to the heart again and now MS and overtall just being crazy... im scared im never gunna b normal again im just gunna ne in this constant fear that im dying... I dont know what to do.... i dont want to be on medication... but i cant continue to feel this way... its drving me crazy....im sure my dr thinks im nuts by now so im hesitant to see her about the tinglyness.... but at the sae time i need to know im ok...... i keep telling myself i just need to retrain my brain... but its almjost like i cant....... im wondering if anyone has been able to get out of this thought patteren or has any suggestions..... i cant b like this forever
\
thanks
ash
I am pretty sure that what we all have is something called Somatization disorder. Basically we are so fearful over one thing or another, it manifests itself by being afraid of our health. If we have a twinge in the head, it must be an anyerism. If its persistent head pain, it must be a tumor. If we feel weak or tingly, its definitely MS.

I've had everything under the sun, and on some days and weeks, several serious conditions at once!!. Its sort of a phobia. We are afraid of being sick---we panic if we think we are sick. Its what we fear. But it is still fear. Be kind to yourself, and realize that if you think you have cancer in your eye, finger and toe at the same time...(which sometimes I have)....that it is probably NOT that bad. And, also, we need to laugh at ourselves a little. Cuz we are a cute bunch....with a very particular sort of problem.
Ive had terrible anxeity over getting various diseases, especially cancer as both my parents died of cancer when i was 17.  im starting to think i have anxeity but only because thats what the doctors said i had. all 5 of them over the last 3 weeks.  I also have a muscle on the back of my neck that is spasming which is causing me constant headaches.  Ive had these headaches for a month solid.  at the same time my face, legs and arms go numb sometimes, i feel very depressed all the time, twitching alot, dizzy feeling sick. all the symptoms of a brain tumor and anxeity aswell.  i was a bit dubious as they bluntley refused the possibility of it being anything other than anxeity and wanted to talk about my situation at home. They refused to get me a scan and gave me pain killers and ntibiotics for the throat infection i also have.  i feel i cant go back to the doctor any more but even now im getting more symtoms (symptoms) like my whole body feeling, not in pain, but very bad if you know what i mean.  do i wait until the situation comes to a natural end, or beg them to give me a scan???
I sometimes think I'm having a stroke or have a brain tumor when I get a panic attack.  Then I get worse symptoms because I'm freaking out.  Then I grip onto myself and realize..........it's just me making the situation worse than I usually snap back and things go back to normal.  
Im 21 years old.

I had no problem in the world until I turned 21. After that I came to realise that I wasn't young any more and then all of a sudden SNAP!

I have been a looney since, From first bowel cancer to a brain tumor then blood clots, heart problems and arthritis - I was going blind at one stage though I had dry eye syndrome so I used eye drops 100 times a day so I wouldn't go blind. then I got over that! then I had dementia ( that was a scary one) and now multiple sclerosis.

The things is every single symptom comes when i'm freaking out about something. like now MS I have a numb leg and numb eye brow on and off - muscle pain balance problems vision, you name it everything so I find it so hard to believe I have hypochondria which is the hard thing.

Iv'e had 3 blood tests in the last year, an MRI scan because I have tinnitus and thought it was a brain tumor,  on my head a breast check.
And things seem fine.

But everything always seems to be a problem Iv'e lost all confidence physically when before I didn't worry about a thing. So It's affected me in every way possible.

I'm a singer and I think all the pressure of succeeding  has also triggered this.
Hope every one can learn and grow from these tribulations in life.
Speaking for myself too !

Peace.
Im 21 years old.

And things seem fine.

Speaking for myself too !

Peace.
HI everyone,
Reading through everyones responses really made me laugh at myself! I feel so annoyed with myself at times. I get one pain and its the worst case scenerio illness that my mind can come up with right then! Its exhausting to be as "sick" as I think I am! First I thought I had breast cancer, then it was blood clots, then black mold in my house was making me sick (not really), now I am on to brain tumors!
I can't help be laugh when I read this list! I feel like my vision has changed somewhat, i get a little dizzy at times, ringing in my ears, wake up with headaches at times, so of course in my mind all of these things are related and can only mean one thing, Brain Tumor!!!
Its so horrible to live your life like this! I am a secret hypochandric so that it makes it even worse. Only my husband knows when I am panicing over something. I think I am going to go get some counseling though cause I am 26 years old and I do not want to do this for the rest of my life. I dont want to worry anymore!  Why worry about things you cant control anyway! Like we can really control getting a brain tumor!
Health anxiety is a very common type of anxiety disorder.  Anxiety produces fear and worry and we feel loss of control in our lives and things around us. It easily leads us into a downward spiral if left untreated.  Counseling is a good place to start.  Also, if you haven't had one recently, a good physical exam and blood work to make sure nothing else is going on.  Discus your symptoms with your doctor and get his recommendations.  Take Care.
I have convinced myself of of the following illnesses to the extent that I have missed work/school and have planned my own funeral
1.HIV/ AIDS
2.RENAL FAILURE
3. HEART FAILURE
4.CHRONIC HYPERTENSION (which caused me to take an asprin everyday for no reason)
5.BRAIN TUMOR
I have had 5 HIV tests, more blood work than I have the time to recount, just as many urine tests, and a full on unnecessary CAT scan
EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL!
I've had symptoms like sinusitis, chronic shooting pains in my head, numbness in my fingers, floaters in my vision,
nausea,facial spasms to name a few and nope they were never indicative of anything more than my utter inability to stay sane about my health
never, never,NEVER N-E-V-E-R look up your symptoms online to diagnose yourself,your bound to give yourself a death sentence.
I'm the same way. I'm a 20 year old male that had a "meltdown" years ago when I was 14 due to my Zoloft wearing off. I was convinced I had a brain tumor and appendicitis. Any little tingle or bit of pain in my head or any stiffness in my body and I said, "Hey! That's a tumor!". Eventually my doc put me on Paxil and it all went away. I'm beginning to have Paxil wear off now but I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow for a checkup. I'll tell him everything. I am positive it's anxiety because I've gone THROUGH this before! Listen to me when I say it IS all in your head. We're young and worrying about a disease that 0.00073% of the population has? Ease up. Notice that when you think about something else the symptoms go away? It's all in your head. I promise I WILL post again tomorrow to let you all know what my doctor said.
Hey guys, it's Sean again. As I promised in my above post, I'd write back with results from seeing my doctor. I saw my doctor and told him all my symptoms: tingling head, light headedness, everything. He took a light to my eyes and made me focus on the wall as he examined them. Guess what? NO cranial pressure. Everything I felt was in my head. I was letting my nerves get the best of me...but not anymore. He prescribed me meds to help with anxiety and nerves and as soon as he said I had no tumor, the symptoms vanished. Please listen to me...it's all in your head. It's very tough, and very very scary, but you can rise above it. I swear, you are fine.
this has helped me so much...i really feel alone out here with my fear.   a few weeks ago i experienced a sever dizzy spell in bed (like the bed was toppling over) and went to the doctor.   he said my inner ear was likely swollen or inflammed and when i got a sinus infection two days later, it seemed to support that theory.   then, last week i experienced bizarre deja vu and short term memory  loss.  hard to explain but that i was living only "in the moment"  looking up deja vu and confusion on google led me to relate the two incidents as symptoms of some type of brain tumor and i've been a bundle of frayed nerves since.   i can't tell if i'm making my mind feel weird or if i'm actually feeling weird.  it's terrible and soooooo scary.   its nice to know i'm not alone...anti-anxiety meds seem to help a bit....
I feel so great reading this.I have been feeling so alone about my situation. I been reading a lot about brain tumors recently because I been having a weird sensation in my head. And I was diagnosed with GAD a few months ago when I was convinced I had something wrong with me and went to the ER 3 times in 1 month. I took different blood test and a thyroid test even a abdominal Xray and all came back fine.... I hadn't even thought about Brain tumors till the other day and now I feel like its consuming me. I hate the feeling. I'm always terrified of dying. I'm too young only 21, I have a wonderful family and boyfriend. I have a lot to live I don't want to be sick or live with this anxiety forever. Am I ever gonna get better? I have so many questions! I want to get a CT scan but I'm afraid something is gonna be wrong... Somebody please help.
I doubt you have a brain tumor but can't diagnose your "weird feeling in the head" so maybe you should talk to your doctor to see if you need a med to calm down or if she thinks it is worth looking into. Most people with anxiety could describe at least part of their day as weird feeling in the head.
I read this book years ago, "Hypochondriac's Guide to Life and Death" and can tell you there are so many things you can catch that there is no purpose in focusing your worries on one disease. You probably have a greater risk of dying in a car accident anyway.
That is like one of my biggest fears, I watched a show with a girl who had one and started getting headaches, they went away, now my memory is crappy, it is short term loss, like seconds later.  I am so scared. Exept, I am scared of what the doctor will say, my parents say I am fine. I am fourteen.
10356 commented on Pat1956100's status
43 mins ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
TinaR10 21 weeks today. 6 more week... Comment