Anxiety Community
AXIETY! HELP ME.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

AXIETY! HELP ME.

Well recently i have been feeling very weird(i am a 14 year old grl) it started out feeling dizzythen short of breath and light headed all one step at a  time. i got blood work done and nothing was wrong. now even tho i have anxiety i smoked pot the other day and i got so scred i thought i was dying i almost called 911! this was 2 days ago and i still feel kinda numb i guess you could say. i feel weird and its making my anxiety act up. i dont know if anyone can relate to this but its scarying me! i feel light headed and dizzy and my visions weird all cause im scared from how i felt when i smoked pot, only cause i still feel weird.
Anxiety can really be scary and confusing especially when you experience for the first time.  Furthermore, smoking pot can really magnify any underlying anxiety issues as you are finding out...going down that road is never a good idea especially when you are so young.

Have you had anxiety issues in the past?  The good thing is that you can and will get better with a little understanding of this....keep us posted and feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
Yes i have had anxiety in the past but it really starting to get bad. i googled stuff about smoking and feeling like this afterwards and it said somthing about depersonalization. i dont know why but i still feel high and its starting to scare me. is it all in my head?
I was diagnosed with anxiety 3 months ago and it was from smoking weed...I had a panic attack and ended up in the ER... The physical symptoms are scary I experience heart palpitations, shortness of breath, paresthesias, and sometimes even derealization...One thing I have to remind myself of each time is that their just sensations they can't harm you especially if you have ruled out anything physical...

Hope ya feel better
thankyou! i just sat here bugging out cause it dosnt even feel real i guess. i feel better now thanks so much. do you still feel "weird" ?
Yeah lately its been a struggle cuz im new to this...I feel like im high sometimes and I havent touched weed since my first panic attack...I try to distract myself by watching tv or playing xbox...Just try to be optimistic about it I know its not easy but we have to continue living lol...
yeah i feel high right now like numb i guess and its weird at least im not the only one. im trying to distract myself but  its sooo hard. it jsut started happening
my anxiety started from doing drugs...i had two severe panic attacks which caused my anxiety...im 19 and i started smoking pot when i was 16 and i smoked pot for two years..and did ecstasy for a year..trust me on this, drugs make your anxiety worse..if i didnt do drugs i wouldn't be here writing this post..well as long as i stopped and didnt do further damage to my brain *ecstasy* and mental health its all good..just dont do what i did..and dont worry you are 14..dont think about it and try to think of some other stuff the feeling will go away
Stop smoking pot you are only 14. Do it if you want to live healthy and normal life. I used to drink when I was 14 and I think that had influence on my anxiety!!!!!! I suffer 10 years already and believe me you don't want to be in my shoes. go to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!
I remember a few times when I smoked weed and felt like I was bout to die!  I too almost called 911..   It was because I smoked way too much.. I felt weird for like 4 days after that!  lol..  don't worry, it'll go away.. when u smoke too much like that,  that anxiety can happen..  

I have anxiety from coming off of vicodin for 3 years.. It's only day 8 of nothing but the anxiety seems to still be there everyday.. does anyone have any experience with opiate withdrawal and how long the mild anxiety and uneasiness should last if you stay off of it?

hi i'm 15 and ive experienced the same thing with pot i smoked some about 3 months ago and my anxiety grew increasingly worse i had to call 911 because i thought i was having a stroke i suffered from major depressive disorder right after i smoked and i was on prozac and xanax i quit the prozac because i thought it was causing my memory loss but i didn't realize that it was the xanax. I just wanted to let you know that your not alone and dont smoke again trust me its not worth it.
I had to the same thing 2 days ago. I was shaking and my heart was racing so fast I felt so horrible, like i was going to die. I smoked purple kush and I was so scared and i was crying and I felt i needed to go to the hospital. Don't smoke weed again, honestly. I kept saying to my self, "just try smoking weed again, it will be fine." But it wasn't. I have pretty bad anxiety and was a hardcore drug user for 2 years and then anxiety happened. And Katherann, I'm a sixteen year old girl who just started getting anxiety 4 months ago. If you need to talk to me about anything, your welcome to do so.

Jenna
Did you ever get a cool prickly feeling on parts of your body because of the anxiety
Yes, i do. I have so many goddamn symtoms (symptoms) its unbelievable!
Isn't it scary, I still haven't convinced myself that Im not dying. I also get this feeling like someone cracked an egg on the top of my head. how about you. Seriously If im the only one Im going to freak out. The only reason I don't get a full blown panic attack every day is because I haven't died yet but  every time I feel it or one of those cold prickly feelings I tense up because im expecting the worse.
Well, your not the only one! Trust me, I get that feeling all the time. I get the cold prickly feelings on my legs. Where are yours? I don't get a egg cracking feeling but it feels like I get so much pressure in my head that if feels like my head is going to explode. And then I get see pictures in my head of my brains exploding everywhere. It *****. I'm sure i got over the feeling of dying when I'm not having anxiety. But when I'm having an attack I feel like I'm going to die. You just need to keep in your mind that your not going to die because all the times you were having those attacks you didn't die. I know how difficult it is to keep that in mind and I still have trouble KNOWING I wont die.
Do you get when your not really anxious or is it during a panic attack. I get mine out of no where and then I remember that this has happened before so i don't launch in to a panic attack.
Yeah I do get them out of nowhere.  I think it's beause anxiety is maybe a little subconscious it's weird
I used to smoke weed a lot and it always made me mildly anxious (don't ask why i still did it)
But one time I had a full blown panic attack, actually two, while I was high and quit smoking after that but the anxiety didn't settle down for a couple of months.

I think smoking brings out an underlying anxiety issue I don't think drugs "cause" an anxiety disorder... at least not weed.
Wow I've only started pot like back in march and only did it a few times...and then about 2 months ago I had the worste experience too! it was awful and its constant I used to be able to down vodka like nothing and ever since then I can't go near any of those type of things and waking up in the morning is like hell and I'm so scared to sleep...Idk how any one can deal with doing pot all the time it's crazy!. and I hate this feeling!...the only thing that seems to make me feel better is walking out side but Some times I feel like I'm going crazy!
please i need help i started smoking weed for the first time in my life i got really stoned my first time 3 weeks later i joined soccer the first week of practice when by great then i started fetting anxiety atacks 2 times a day for one day after that i felt light heade for 5 days then it wore off i decided to try it one more time and took 1 hit i felt alright but then i woke up feeling very anxious that night and ive been feeling anxious and like im in a dream for 1 week and 3 days i need help im scared im only 16 please answer!
hey i feel the same way its very very scary feeling,and i dont know what to do either,this has happened to me bore when i was 13 i smoked some pot and totalyed tripped out i was so scared.when the next day come i was hopeing all the bad feeling would go away but they didnt i suffered a while,almost 2 years and got better now the same **** is happening again i didnt even smoke weed this time i was only around it.and now ive been feeling like im in a bad dream and i want to wake up,but it never happends.but just hang in there u will eventually feel better,my best addvice is got to you tube and search mid west center and there r a bunch of videos to watch about anxiety and depression it might help you it helps me a liitle,make sure they are the bassett women talking thou shes really goood go threw all the videos they r 16...i hope you will get better cause this **** ***** ***
specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status
23 mins ago
specialmom Good Friday. Preparing fo... Comment
1 hr ago
JD1963 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
1 hr ago