Anxiety Community
Alcohol and Anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Alcohol and Anxiety

I am a 21 year old male with health anxiety. I have noticed that my Health anxiety is at its highest the day after a binge of Alcohol. The symptoms that a hangover produces are often in my case mistaken for serious health problems. For example, if i am feeling sick or have a severe headache i relate it too perhaps a brain haemorrhage or stroke, and i find that it plays with my heart too, giving me chest pains and palpitations. I have these symptoms on and off all the time but they are always increased with a hangover.  Just wondered if anyone had the same thing?

I know your going to say "well, stop drinking them" but its hard cause i like a drink at the weekends and being from England its part of our culture to go out on a Friday night and get sh*t faced with your mates!
Tags: Alcohol, Anxiety, friends, Health, Heart
Avatar n tn
this happens to me when i drink though i feel anxiety while i am drinking which is weird but if you feel crappy enough you wont wanna feel that way and you wont drink i dont because of it
Avatar n tn
the same thing just happened to me too..about 2 weeks ago. im a 21/f and went out 2 weekends ago with a bunch of my friends and went drinking every night on the weekend (fri sat sun) sun night i got sick and the next morning was lying out on the beach hungover and dehydrated(which was NOT a smart move) my started racing and i got weird rushes that have been happening to me ever since and i am too a big hypochondriac..i haven't drank since bc im still experiencing symptoms but you don't have many options if you're a hypochondriac and are afraid of thinking that a hangover is something serious..you don't have to stop drinking but try drinking less or making sure you drink plenty of water before going to bed so you don't get a hangover..hope this helps!
Yeah, this happens to me too, and I am the biggest worrier about my heart.  But after a while I told myself either don't drink and don't wory about it or drink and just know that the reason is the alcohol.  I'm 25 so I still like to go out with my friends as well and get a little tipsy so I didn't give up the alcohol.  i just tell myself now that if I didn't die last time and I was ok then I should be fine this time too.
Ya, Drinking can make you worst with anxiety. your right Ill tell you try to stop drinking if you are worried about it.
I'm right there with you. I get those feelings every once in awhile if I have had too much to drink the night before. I'm aware of what it is now only because when I first had a panic attack I thought something was wrong with my heart. But after doctors kept telling me I was fine, I finally believed them. It's your mind not your heart. And that is something you can control. If your a big hypochondriac , do things to improve your health. Exercise during the week and enjoy that drink with your friends on the weekend. Not a 12 pack but a few. Then you won't freak out the next day cause you won't feel like death. It's all about control . I've finally realized I'm not a spring chicken anymore. But just because you "can't hang" like you used to doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'm taking that message that my body is telling me to grow up. I can't handle a lot of alcohol anymore lol.  
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms