Anxiety Community
Always worrying about my health..please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hello, I'm 18 years old and for the past few months I had terrible anxiety. I always feel like I will get sick and die. Although I never had any symptoms or anything. I'm afraid that I have HIV,Cancer and many other serious diseases. I just want to live while I'm still young but I always have that anxiety.
I'm tired of worrying always about my health!..I want to live!
Tags: Health, please. :(, worrying, My Health
You are not alone.  Many anxiety sufferers focus on there health.  You need help with this.  Tell your doctor what is going on.  Seek therapy of some kind for the anxiety.  Don't let it take over your life.  There is help!
yeah see a therapists.they should be able to help u realize that these thoughts are unrealistic. whats the point in worrying about ur health 24 7 when its probably doing ur health more bad then good to worry about it. its more punishing to be worrying all  the time. think of it this way. when u worry about ur health. or something that could happen to you. ur just worrying about something that could happen. in the process ur driving urself down mentally for sure.
Sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time right now.  I too have health anxiety so please know that you are not alone.

I agree that you should see a therapist.  I think that having someone to talk to about these issues would be helpful for you.  You may want to talk to him/her about CBT therapy.  

Health anxiety is bad because you get yourself stuck in these endless cycles of constant worry over your health and alway fearing you have an awful disease.  You have to try and retrain your brain to focus on the good things and that is where the CBT therapy comes in.

Please know that you can overcome this but it takes alot of hardwork and determination.

I really hope you start feeling better soon.
Jade59 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on Cee lo