Anxiety Community
Anxiety - Hard time breathing/tight chest/throat.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hey, I'm 21 and was diagnosed with anxiety about a month ago. It started with this pressure on my chest, it terrified me so I went to Urgent Care and was diagnosed then made an appointment with my Doctor, and she prescribed Paxil for me. I was tested, you know, EKG, Blood work, all the fun stuff and my oxygen is at 100%, but I still feel terrible. I know that I'm healthy, but it still feels like something is terribly wrong. My throat is always tight, and I feel this constant pressure/tightness in my chest. All the time, it never goes away. I've talked to a few people, and they say it takes a couple months to go away. Has this happened/is happening to anyone else? I had this crazy fear that something was terribly wrong with me, but in the past month I've been to Urgent care three times, my Doctor three times, and the ER once. They all say I'm fine. It's just really scary...and everyone says that it's all in my head, but it's terrifying. I just want to talk to someone else who has been through it too, or is going through it. Please.
Hey niki
Yes its in our head...even I ve chest tightness n pain everyday but n
Hey niki
Yes its in our head...even I ve chest tightness n pain everyday but nOt all d times even now I can feel pain in d middle of my chest...no matter how many times I had this pain before weneva it comes back I think it's heart attack or sorry may b my anxiety thinks that this is it u r going to die any min now...it's horrible babe I know I ve been suffering for the past 7months n it's hell
Hey I have this aswell always find my self trying to catch my breathe when nothing's wrong I've found that learning the right breathing techniques helps me a lot and also helps me calm down one thing I learnt from a breathing technique was the 'out breathe' has to be longer then the 'in breath' 3 seconds in 6 seconds out I'm no expert but this is what helped me hope it helps you too x
Yes anyone who has had anxiety knows what you are talking about so dont worry your not crazy and your not dying. I was aroun 18 when I was diagnosed with anxiety the first medication I was on was paxil... I did not have a good experience with it... anyways I not only have experienced what you are discribing but I get hot flashes or chills with shaking I get pins and needles running through my stomach chest arms and hands the worst was when I had a very hard time breathing and the pins and needles went up my neck into my face and my mouth and tongue... That was scary, but I am still here to tell my story... I would suggest getting into an anxiety group. Not just here on the internet but someone that you can actually hangout with or call when you are having an attack and need someone to talk to to help calm you down or be reasured not just anyone can do that it has to come from someone knows what you are going through... I hope this helps..
I have the same problem. When I first began having panic attacks the military doc's kept acting like it was my heart. They did all sorts of tests and turned out I had a mild murmor and high blood pressure but that my actual problem was anxiety and panic attacks. When I first started having them I would feel like I was having a heart attack or suffocating. My chest would become tight and I would get dizzy and feel like I could not breathe. I have learned over the years that its panic attacks. I would be so embarrassed going to the hospital just to be told nothing was wrong! It happened to me time and time again.. but every time one hit it would feel like I was going to die. To me its the worst feeling in the WORLD!!!! I can totally relate.. in fact I am currently pregnant with twins and suffering from some of the worse anxiety and panic I have ever had in my life .. so your not suffering alone. Just try and do self talk when your having the attacks try to keep telling yourself your alright and will be ok and it will pass. I know easier said then done .. good luck!
Thank you guys all so much, this is just all so new and overwhelming for me. I don't really know how to deal with it yet.
I have this same problem whenever I cant talk myself out of these types of panic attacks I take xanax. Maybe it might work for you too
hi all my anxiety seems to change its syptoms (symptoms) all the time at the moment i suffer from very dry mouth i have jaw buzzin like pain numbness in face tight chest and sweating and arms tighten up been rushed to hospital a few times now to find its just stress anxiety
I feel so relief to find out that i was not the only one feeling this..I have this for like forever,been to the emergency numerous times because my chest is so tight and felt like I'm gonna have an heart attack..I keep asking myself why am I feeling this everyday,as in everyday..the worse part is waking up in the middle of night just to gasp for air followed by palpitation...Tried everything but still the same..
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
mishymoshymarcy I need motivation. Feeling ... Comment
CRSeaside commented on weaver71's status